Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

"Format" Command Not Working

wsmv

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dale001

dale001

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:52 PM

Just got DN hooked-up and am trying to use the "Format" command on the remote. It cycles through the different types of picture formats, but nothing happens to my picture. Right now everything appears zoomed-in big time--on every channel.

This is happening on a Sony Wega (non-digital) TV.
What thing does it sound like I'm overlooking with the remote?
Like I said, it cycles through my options, but what do I have to do for it to take effect?

Dale

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   space86

space86

Icon

• Registered
  • 512 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:00 PM

Check the aspect ratio button on your TV remote.

#3 OFFLINE   dale001

dale001

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:23 PM

The TV (remote) doesn't give different aspect ratios--only a "widescreen" or squished mode for anamorphic/widescreen DVDs.

However, I accidentally pulled the receiver AC power cord out, plugged it in again, and now it works--giving me all the options for formatting my screen.
Still have no idea what I did wrong, if anything.

Dale

#4 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:33 PM

Still have no idea what I did wrong, if anything.

Dale

You didn't hold your mouth right. Or didn't cross your toes. Or didn't toss salt over your left shoulder first. :lol: As you will no doubt discover, the Dish DVRs oft times seem to have minds of their on.

spam firewall