Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Strange issue need advice

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Sackchamp56

Sackchamp56

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:28 PM

Hey guys I have developed a strange issue and wonder if anyone has experienced a similar issue or knows what the problem might be.

I am getting a lot of searching for signal messages on the non high def channels on my HR-20 700. When I check the signal strength it is low on a lot of the transponders on the 101 sat (40s and 50s on about half some 0s and some 100s its really strange). Most of the really low ones seem to be on the odd transponders.

On the high def sats its in the mid 90s (103c and 99c) for all transponders.

I removed the BBCs and the 101 signals all go back to the mid 90s.

I had and extra pair of BBCs laying around new in box, so I put them on. the signal on the 101 goes backdown and i start losing signal again. The signals on 103 and 99 are still in the mid 90s with both sets of BBCs.

Any thoughts on this?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,144 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:17 AM

Double check your satellite setup and make sure the dish/LNB type is set correctly. Perhaps change it to something else (like round 18"), then change it back (5-LNB Slimline most likely).

If you have an SWM system, you should not be using the bbc's. I'm assuming you don't have SWM.

Oh, and the good old reliable "do a reset if you haven't already".

#3 OFFLINE   Sackchamp56

Sackchamp56

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:33 AM

Double check your satellite setup and make sure the dish/LNB type is set correctly. Perhaps change it to something else (like round 18"), then change it back (5-LNB Slimline most likely).

If you have an SWM system, you should not be using the bbc's. I'm assuming you don't have SWM.

Oh, and the good old reliable "do a reset if you haven't already".

thanks I'll give all that a shot

#4 ONLINE   Soulweeper

Soulweeper

Icon

• Registered
  • 963 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:14 PM

thanks I'll give all that a shot

Did either of those things change anything? I'm having the same problem.

DIRECTV since '97
HR44-500 (Leased)
HR24-200 (Owned)
HR24-200 (Owned/spare)

Samsung HLP5063

#5 OFFLINE   1948GG

1948GG

Icon

• Registered
  • 902 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:05 PM

Why does there seem to be several (maybe over 2 dozen or so at least) threads like this, with NO, repeat, NO, listing of the actual transponder signal strength number...????

'Yep, I got problems with my car, seems to not want to start; forget about me giving you a reading on either my gas gauge or battery charge, you figure it out without the most basic of information...!'

:confused:

#6 ONLINE   Soulweeper

Soulweeper

Icon

• Registered
  • 963 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:16 PM

Why does there seem to be several (maybe over 2 dozen or so at least) threads like this, with NO, repeat, NO, listing of the actual transponder signal strength number...????

'Yep, I got problems with my car, seems to not want to start; forget about me giving you a reading on either my gas gauge or battery charge, you figure it out without the most basic of information...!'

I started a thread about this here
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=148462
and I posted my numbers, and a good description of the issue as well. I probably should have put it in the installation section, but didn't, since I thought it was related to the latest software update. Anyway, take a look.......I'd appreciate any feedback, and I'm sure it would help others as well. Thanks!

DIRECTV since '97
HR44-500 (Leased)
HR24-200 (Owned)
HR24-200 (Owned/spare)

Samsung HLP5063

#7 OFFLINE   Sackchamp56

Sackchamp56

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:30 PM

I'll post some actual numbers when I get home from work (7am).

#8 OFFLINE   Sackchamp56

Sackchamp56

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:31 PM

Did either of those things change anything? I'm having the same problem.

no they did not

Protected By... spam firewall...And...