Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Sirius Ala Carte Selector

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DFDureiko

DFDureiko

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:53 PM

on the 22nd Dec we activated an Ala Carte capable radio. The online channel selector was down, so it selected 50 channels for us.
The selector is still down, and customer service says it CANT change our channels??
I guess offering this was mandated by the FCC? seems way too long for the system to still be broken on the 26th.
How long can this go on without getting some sort of service rebate, as the service I purchased, is not being provided?
Dan
Dan
RV:
HR22-100/Olevia 232v/Motosat HDSL5/Sony S350
Home:
Apple Airport Extreme wifi N router
HR22-100/LaCie TwoBig eSATA/Olevia 237v/WGA600N
H21-200/Apple Airport Express/Vizio SV420XVT/Sony S350

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 06:48 PM

on the 22nd Dec we activated an Ala Carte capable radio. The online channel selector was down, so it selected 50 channels for us.
The selector is still down, and customer service says it CANT change our channels??
I guess offering this was mandated by the FCC? seems way too long for the system to still be broken on the 26th.
How long can this go on without getting some sort of service rebate, as the service I purchased, is not being provided?
Dan

Call and ask for credits.

#3 OFFLINE   DFDureiko

DFDureiko

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:36 AM

I did that and got 10.00, but that's not really the point, it's been down for 10 days, and there are two channels I want but can't get as not even THEY can change my channels.
It appeared to be up last night, I selected the channels, made sure the radio was on (in the car) confirmed, nothing, re-sent authorization, nothing, the radio was on two hours, that's when I called, they informed me the system was down and had been.
I just don't think fixing it is a priority as 10+ days is way too long to get something fixed don't you think
Dan
Dan
RV:
HR22-100/Olevia 232v/Motosat HDSL5/Sony S350
Home:
Apple Airport Extreme wifi N router
HR22-100/LaCie TwoBig eSATA/Olevia 237v/WGA600N
H21-200/Apple Airport Express/Vizio SV420XVT/Sony S350

#4 OFFLINE   ChrisL01

ChrisL01

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:10 PM

I activated an a la Carte sub on 12/26 (~8pm CST) and it worked just fine. An hour ago I logged into to add a premium channel, sent the re-activation, and I had the channel in 10 seconds.

Chris

#5 OFFLINE   buzzdalf

buzzdalf

Godfather

• Registered
  • 268 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:43 AM

Is there just the 1 radio that can do ala carte?
I was really looking forward to this when I heard it was coming with the merger, but I don't think I can switch to ala carte with my factory car radio?!?

#6 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:24 PM

No it can't be done with a car radio. That was one of the reasons I didn't want the merger in the first place. Because I just have Sat. Radio in the car and that was the one thing that was made clear from the beginning that with a car radio there could be no a la carte :( :mad: That was one reason I couldn't understand why so many people wanted the merger. All along I have heard how much business Sat. Radio gets from cars, but then a big part of what helpd the merger to past was something that can't be used on a car radio :confused: May be a lot of people have both a car radio and also a house radio :shrug:

#7 OFFLINE   buzzdalf

buzzdalf

Godfather

• Registered
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:46 AM

OK.
Thanks for clearing up my confusion for me

#8 OFFLINE   DrZaius

DrZaius

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:39 PM

No it can't be done with a car radio. That was one of the reasons I didn't want the merger in the first place. Because I just have Sat. Radio in the car and that was the one thing that was made clear from the beginning that with a car radio there could be no a la carte :( :mad: That was one reason I couldn't understand why so many people wanted the merger. All along I have heard how much business Sat. Radio gets from cars, but then a big part of what helpd the merger to past was something that can't be used on a car radio :confused: May be a lot of people have both a car radio and also a house radio :shrug:

There are suppose to be new car radio's that will be able to do a la carte. You guys just have to give it some time. A lot of new radio's portable and car will be out this year.

#9 OFFLINE   tedb3rd

tedb3rd

Godfather

• Registered
  • 357 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

I got the same error message. It just so happened that I ran to the kitchen for a few minutes... I had left that page on display and when I came back, the channel selector screen was up and I was able to update my list of channels I wanted.

I had installed a new receiver in my car and my wife's. I learned that, even though the radios are on the same account, you have to go set them up separately. When I went to setup the 2nd receiver, it gave me the same error message but, after a few minutes and attempts, I was able to get in and change.

Keep trying--just because it says it's down doesn't mean it is.

#10 OFFLINE   Ozwalt

Ozwalt

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:12 AM

If they can produce an a la carte radio that works and also gives me the choice of both the Sirius and XM stations (and they make it AFFORDABLE), they may be able to keep me as a subscriber. Otherwise, I'm afraid I'm starting to pack.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...