Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Changes to DirecTV Mas/Spanish packages on Jan 22nd

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Littledude

Littledude

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

I called and dumped my Lo Maximo package. No one there seems to know anything about the change. Oh well, I can finally take a look at this baseball channel................

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   GaryPotter

GaryPotter

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:19 PM

This is an outrage. They're taking away our english channels so they can force us to watch latino shows. America is an english speaking country.

Please stop spamming, okay?

#23 OFFLINE   su_A_ve

su_A_ve

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:55 AM

Guess took 2-3 weeks for the channels to drop - looks like they never sent the deactivate signals down and instead waited for them to drop of the tiers.

So the way I see it, I lost 3 HD channels. CMT, Fox News, and ESPN2. Some claim ESPN2 was added back but only in SD after lots of complaints.

I tried complaining big time, but got nowhere. Time to write to the CEO
°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================

#24 OFFLINE   Italia

Italia

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:53 AM

Guess took 2-3 weeks for the channels to drop - looks like they never sent the deactivate signals down and instead waited for them to drop of the tiers.

So the way I see it, I lost 3 HD channels. CMT, Fox News, and ESPN2. Some claim ESPN2 was added back but only in SD after lots of complaints.

I tried complaining big time, but got nowhere. Time to write to the CEO

I'm curious to know if your letter to the CEO goes anywhere? I wrote to the VP of Operations in regards to other matters and got no response in return. That's a little alarming. I never expected the VP to contact me, thinking there was some kind of filtering, but at least there would have been someone contacting me. Nope.

#25 OFFLINE   dhines

dhines

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:39 PM

Yes for you informations America is 75% spanish speaking countrys, Now if you talking about, North America that's another story. Have a wonderful day!

united states of mexico . . . short name, mexico.

united states of america . . . short name, america.

i realize some mexicans incorrectly refer to the USA as 'norteamerica', but their ignorance doesn't make it a valid point. as i recall, mexico is also part of north america, as is canada, the united states, central america and the caribbean.

i think you misunderstood 'america' for 'americas' . . .

[/class session]

regarding the other poster that referred to the champions league being on ESPN2, it is actually on ESPNDeportes also. for what it is worth, i think these were good changes. i seriously doubt that many spanish only speakers will complain about losing those channels.

i do agree that it is probably a ploy to get more bi-lingual folks to pony up the $20 per month. that being said, i have been doing that for years because i was not willing to give up the additional english programming, but i wanted to get all the spanish programming.

Edited by dhines, 17 February 2009 - 04:53 PM.

nothing like having way too much sports programming . . .

(see profile for equipment)

Posted Image

#26 OFFLINE   su_A_ve

su_A_ve

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:40 PM

I'm curious to know if your letter to the CEO goes anywhere? I wrote to the VP of Operations in regards to other matters and got no response in return. That's a little alarming. I never expected the VP to contact me, thinking there was some kind of filtering, but at least there would have been someone contacting me. Nope.

I sent an email to the VP (Filipark I think). They called home and work and eventually I talked to them for a good 20-30 minutes. Of course it got nowhere, but they seemed to listen at least.

I put it as being a bad marketing decision. Dropping a major news channel that had recently started pushing an HD signal (also more pro-republican), dropping the major African American network, when a sizable Spanish population is African American, and ESPN2 (another HD signal) - well enough said...

I mentioned the fact that they must have gotten many complaints to put back ESPN in SD. Which raised the concern that we also pay the same HD access fee as the English packages. And that many households are bilingual. Replacing HD channels with latin music channels is not the same - don't insult us...
°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================

#27 OFFLINE   Italia

Italia

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:49 AM

I sent an email to the VP (Filipark I think). They called home and work and eventually I talked to them for a good 20-30 minutes. Of course it got nowhere, but they seemed to listen at least.

I put it as being a bad marketing decision. Dropping a major news channel that had recently started pushing an HD signal (also more pro-republican), dropping the major African American network, when a sizable Spanish population is African American, and ESPN2 (another HD signal) - well enough said...

I mentioned the fact that they must have gotten many complaints to put back ESPN in SD. Which raised the concern that we also pay the same HD access fee as the English packages. And that many households are bilingual. Replacing HD channels with latin music channels is not the same - don't insult us...

No...that's not a VP who you sent that email too. Someone here might be able to explain this better, but I believe your email ended up in a Directv employee's hands....versus the third party when you call up Directv. I sent an actual letter to the VP of Operations. That was just wasted time on my part.

Edited by Italia, 26 February 2009 - 06:10 AM.

spam firewall