Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

If anyone who works for D* is here, the 101 ads have to go!!( far too loud!!)

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   bbq-allstar

bbq-allstar

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:55 PM

The loud D* commercials are ALMOST making me call and cancel my subscription... it is that bad and that annoying. Sometimes I am in the kitchen and then the entire house rattles when the commercials are on... I am worried that the increase in sound could damage my speakers....this COULD lead someone to go POSTAL at the nearest D* office.:mad:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   racermd

racermd

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:39 AM

At least for me, watching recorded sporting events isn't as fun. And the ending is often spoiled as well.

Then "you're doing it wrong."

I record all sorts of sporting events (hockey, football, baseball, racing) and don't have a problem with the spoiled ending. In fact, I actually enjoy most of those events MORE because I can skip the boring parts (like hockey intermissions, football halftimes, mid-inning breaks in baseball, yellow flags in racing, etc.)

Of course, everyone I regularly communicate with knows this and honors my requests to keep conversations spoiler-free.

#43 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:07 AM

The loud D* commercials are ALMOST making me call and cancel my subscription... it is that bad and that annoying. Sometimes I am in the kitchen and then the entire house rattles when the commercials are on... I am worried that the increase in sound could damage my speakers....this COULD lead someone to go POSTAL at the nearest D* office.:mad:

Have you "dropped them a line" via their web site letting them know of your displeasure at the sound levels?

May fall on 'deaf ears' (sorry for that one! ;)), but if enough people do that, they may start to 'hear' that message. (Oops did it again).

Might have slightly more impact than a post here will, though that should in no way keep you from posting here! :)

#44 OFFLINE   Sugarlander

Sugarlander

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

I really like D in spite of a few bugs with my HR21, however there is no excuse for not fixing this very annoying problem. If my dog is sleeping in the same room, the increase in volume will actually wake her up and she is a very sound sleeper.

#45 OFFLINE   tbpb3

tbpb3

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:30 AM

Agreed. All D* ads are way too LOUD!!! ANNOYING!!!

And can they please get some commercials other than Video Professor,Progressive,and Magic Jack
Directv since 1994

Protected By... spam firewall...And...