Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RC64R turns Samsung ON, but not OFF?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   michaelhkim

michaelhkim

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:11 PM

I looked up several posts on remote issues with Sammy tv's, but seems like I can't make RC64R work with my Samsung LN-52A650 tv.

I have the remote programmed to 10702. I can turn the tv ON, but can't control the volume nor turn the tv OFF. I went thru all 20 or so codes for the sammy tv's, but none of them will turn the tv OFF nor control the volume.

I am starting to think that there might be a problem with the remote (however, it control controls the HR21 perfectly, and I also have a Pioneer receiver that also works with the remote).

Anybody have any ideas??

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:51 PM

Its upto the code you use and the model of TV you have if the ON & OFF are going to work, There is nothing you can do, it works or doesn't. Tv models from Panasonic, Mitsubishi and many ohers have the same problem, No where does Directv guarantee that these keys will work, only that the remote will control the receiver.
aka Tivoburkee

#3 OFFLINE   michaelhkim

michaelhkim

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:10 AM

it's weird, but I had the remote working when I first set up the TV. Let me try again and update.

#4 OFFLINE   michaelhkim

michaelhkim

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:21 AM

this is really weird: the remote actually works (using code 10702), it's only that the range is limited to around 6 ft or so (quite useless for me, since I sit about 14 ft away). The remote controls the HR21, the Pioneer Receiver, and Pioneer DVD player perfectly fine (all the equipment is located on a shelf right by the TV. Since I can turn the TV on, I am guessing that there is some sort of interference from the LCD that prevents or diminishes the IR signal from reaching the eye. Has anybody else experienced this problem? I tried the remote with my shades open, closed, at night without any lamps on - all with the same result.

#5 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:17 PM

You are using the TV power ON/OFF butons correct?

Try code 10812. This web site recommends it http://www.ezremote....ctSelection.php

Only problem I have ever had is sometimes the remote doesnt turn the TV on. Always turns it on if the Receiver is on but sometimes will only turn on receiver with TV power on button requiring me to move selector to TV and use power button.

#6 OFFLINE   michaelhkim

michaelhkim

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:21 PM

code 10702 for the Sammy LN52A750 actually works (I can control volume, turn tv on/off, even control the input selection), it's only that the remote doesn't work if I am more than 6ft or so from the TV. I can turn the TV ON from about 15 ft (haven't tried farther than that), but once the TV is on, the remote can't control it beyond the 6ft distance.

Again, I think the LCD might be interfering with the IR signal coming to the TV's eye (obviously the eyes on the HR21, receiver and dvd player are not being affected or they are less sensitive to interference). Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there was any workaround.

#7 OFFLINE   roadrunner1782

roadrunner1782

Icon

• Registered
  • 748 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:56 PM

I had a friend that had this same issue with a lcd tv. He wound up turning down the brightness on the tv and it got a little bit better but not much, beyond that i dont really have any other ideas!!

#8 OFFLINE   flogduh

flogduh

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

on my new Vizio, I used a code supplied in the Vizio set up sheet, codes which were not reflected in the DTV remote set up menu.

#9 OFFLINE   ArcinGuy

ArcinGuy

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:46 AM

I looked up several posts on remote issues with Sammy tv's, but seems like I can't make RC64R work with my Samsung LN-52A650 tv.

I have the remote programmed to 10702. I can turn the tv ON, but can't control the volume nor turn the tv OFF. I went thru all 20 or so codes for the sammy tv's, but none of them will turn the tv OFF nor control the volume.

I am starting to think that there might be a problem with the remote (however, it control controls the HR21 perfectly, and I also have a Pioneer receiver that also works with the remote).

Anybody have any ideas??

I know there is a compatibility issue with one of the samsung tv models and something, i'll check when i go in tomorrow and get back to you.

spam firewall