Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RC64R and Yamaha RX-V1400

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   smalltownhick

smalltownhick

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:42 PM

I have an HR21-700 DVR and a Yamaha RX-V1400 receiver. I have tried all the remote control codes in the manual , and all the ones I found in the menu on the D* DVR setup screen. None of them seem to work with this receiver.

It seems to me that the D* remote control for my old R15 had a code that worked but I cannot seem to find the one for the RC64R.

Does anyone else have the D* RC64R remote control that they have gotten to work with the Yamaha RX-V1400?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:46 PM

There isn't one code that will give you both ON & OFF commands for the yamaha, that uses two-key power scheme, with white remotes single power key one of the commands will always be missing.

And the volume keys NEVER work initially with ANY audio code, reason is the volume keys won't work at all without a tv code, so no tv code, no volume. Once there is a tv code its volume is now in the way, to remedy that:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press VOL DOWN

Asnd if you want the Yamaha volume in ALL devices instead of just one:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

So with tv code in, use Yamaha code 30176, and do one of the above to get the volume.
aka Tivoburkee

#3 OFFLINE   smalltownhick

smalltownhick

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:14 PM

I tried code 30176 and it didn't turn on my receiver. Not much point in even bothering with the codes for it unless it can turn it on.

Maybe time for a Harmony remote. Anyone out there have experience with a Logitech Harmony remotes and D* DVRs?

I tried a Harmony 620 from Costco but it was missing too many important buttons (color buttons, back button) and the layout was bad. I kept hitting the skip back button when I tried to change the volume.

#4 OFFLINE   bt-rtp

bt-rtp

Icon

• Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:19 PM

I have the exact same setup and it works fine.

An important point is that a TV "MUST" be defined first in the remote setup for the 9 9 3 work around to be made operational.

I have done this 9 9 3 work around for a few friends as well with other types of surround sound amplifiers and it worked fine for them as well.

bt-rtp
HR24-500 with AM21
HR21-200
HR20-700
HR20-100

Protected By... spam firewall...And...