Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Spotbeam Maps

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   terpsmandan

terpsmandan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:44 PM

Does anyone have a map that has the footprint of the spotbeams on 61.5? I am trying to get LIL in HD and I think that I can see spot 15 on 61.5. Buffalo is on that spotbeam but Syracuse is on 16. I "moved" to Cleveland and the SD locals are on 110 tp 31 spot 9 and I can get them but the HD locals are on spot 14 and that only goes as far east as Cleveland. Oh btw in in 14527. Thanks all.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   grog

grog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:50 PM

Not sure what you are looking for but here you go.

http://www.dishuser.org/satmaps.php
Philips 47" 1080p LCD HDTV 47pfl7422d/37
Philips 42" 1080p LCD HDTV 42pfl3704D
Magnavox 32" 720p LCD HDTV 32MF338B/27
Magnavox 720p 19" LCD
2x DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (HR24-200 with 1TB ESATA via Thermaltake BlacX external dock), 2x DIRECTV® HD Receiver (H24-200), 1 DIRECTV® Slimline Dish, MRV with Deca CINEMAplus

#3 OFFLINE   intrac

intrac

Legend

• Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 05:05 PM

Buffalo spots are on TP13, 61.5 -- not TP15

#4 OFFLINE   terpsmandan

terpsmandan

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:14 PM

Yes, that is correct. Spotbeam 15 TP 13 Thank you. The map for rainbow one at 61.5 has the Spotbeam 15 centered around St Louis.

#5 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:28 PM

The spot beams were renumbered when the satellite changed from Rainbow to Echostar. The spot beam locations are correct. The numbers are off, but they are the same physical spot beams.

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

#6 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,515 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:44 PM

Unfortunately the consensus numbering for E12 spots seems to be based on uplink instead of downlink as with other DISH spotbeam satellites. It took a few too many uplinked channels to match the TID numbers we knew to the spots ... so using "area" numbers which are really based on the uplink center became common. I suppose it is too late to change to downlink based spot numbering now.

With E10 and prior spot satellites the sX number meant beam X hitting the earth ... with "5s10" and "7s10" reaching the same basic "s10" footprint. "sX" on E12 is the uplink ... for example "s14" being uplinked from Chicago. Unfortunately with that numbering "5s14" and "7s14" do NOT cover the same area "s14" ... "5s14" is aimed more at Chicago-Milwaukee and "7s14" is aimed more at Detroit-Cleveland.

But as long as the numbers are consistent within the chart it shouldn't be too much of a problem, except for the guy who can get "7s14" in Cleveland and wonders why he can't get "5s14" when the s14 is the same.

For a slightly out of date page mapping TIDs to Rainbow's numbering at 61.5 (with appropriate numbers for the beams based on where they are received instead of uplink center) visit http://jameslong.name/e615.html .

There are also links to areal photos of all the current uplink centers I could find for DISH Network on that page.

#7 OFFLINE   terpsmandan

terpsmandan

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:22 AM

Thanks for the info. It will be very helpful.

spam firewall