Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR22-100 problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   VPOMS

VPOMS

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:46 AM

I removed my HR20-700 and replaced it with HR22-100 from Costco. I activated it with DirecTV and everything is working fine, except my international programming. International channel is still working fine with all other receivers I have (4 total: two HR20-700, one H20-700 and one D11). The new HR22 is not able to tune to channel 2140 (international) I reset is multiple times and spend about an hour on the phone with DirecTV without resolution. I hooked it up exactly the same way I had HR20 hooked up, as a matter of fact, I re-connected old HR20 and was able to get my international channel without any problems. Re-connected HR22, and no international program again.
What could be the problem? I would appreciate any help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   webby_s

webby_s

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:57 AM

I removed my HR20-700 and replaced it with HR22-100 from Costco. I activated it with DirecTV and everything is working fine, except my international programming. International channel is still working fine with all other receivers I have (4 total: two HR20-700, one H20-700 and one D11). The new HR22 is not able to tune to channel 2140 (international) I reset is multiple times and spend about an hour on the phone with DirecTV without resolution. I hooked it up exactly the same way I had HR20 hooked up, as a matter of fact, I re-connected old HR20 and was able to get my international channel without any problems. Re-connected HR22, and no international program again.
What could be the problem? I would appreciate any help.

:welcome_s:balloons: Welcome to the board. I know someone will be around to help you. Sorry I can not. But there are very knowledgeable people around that will hopefully resolve your loss of international channels on the HR22.
SlimLine 5LNB SWM 16
HR34-700 -->52" Sharp Aquos LED
H25-100 -->32" Philips Master BD
HR21-100 -->19" Vizio LED Kitchen,
HR24-500 --> 50" Panasonic DLP
Hockey is not a sport in Minnesota, it is life.

#3 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,158 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:49 AM

When you set up your HR22-100 it gave choices for dish type. Default is slimeline5, the user would need to select slimline 5 + 95 if that's what they have installed. Redoing dish setup might fix your problem.

#4 OFFLINE   VPOMS

VPOMS

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:42 PM

Thank you for your help. Selecting correct dish configuration plus 95 degrees, solved the problem. To bad none of the seven or eight CSRs at DirecTV new how to solve the problem.

spam firewall