Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Problems receiving MSG Overflow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Schenley

Schenley

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:24 PM

I subscribe to the NHL Center Ice Package, and pay for the extra regional sports package.

I'm a Devils fan. In the NY metro area, they fall third in the pecking order for MSG broadcasts. Whenever all three teams are playing, they are bumped to the overflow channels - like 449 for example. I cannot tune into those channels, nor do they show up in the guide. I get no "This channel is not available" message or anything, it just goes to the next available channel. (See http://www.msg.com/overflow/)

I've called Dish Network tech support - but got nowhere. The guy was CLUELESS as to what I was describing to him... He had me trying all kinds of channel numbers - channels that had nothing to do with the issue at hand.

I've gone back and forth over several weeks via email with MSG Network, and they were very helpful, yet ultimately deferred the problem to Dish Network.

I've emailed tech support (as the phone help is useless on this subject), and the only response I've gotten was to verify my account number.

Does anyone else have this issue? I realize that this issue will affect a very minor subset of you guys, but maybe someone else has had this issue resolved...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jbrooks987

jbrooks987

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 04:49 PM

Is your guide set to show all channels? If not try that, or add the "ALT" channels to your favorites list. You should find channel numbers beginning with 444.

#3 OFFLINE   Schenley

Schenley

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:43 PM

Thanks for the reply... Yes, I've tried using the "All Channels" guide, and tried adding the channels manually as you suggested.

My channels go from 439 to 454.

spam firewall