Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Birdog\Alignment question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   KneeDragger

KneeDragger

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:13 PM

Can someone clarify for me the process of aligning a 5lnb dish with a Birdog? I searched through a bunch of threads and if im gathering it right, All i have to do is align the 99 & 101 dish i think and the rest of the LNBs will be on spot. Is this true?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DtvSlave

DtvSlave

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:04 PM

You want to rough align the 101 with the az and ele. then align the 119 with the tilt/skew. Once you have then the highest you can get, with the 2 side ele bolts loosen (inside bolt tight) you want to set the dither knob on 0. take note of your birdog reading for the 101 and turn the dither bolt 2 complete turns counter clockwise and check out the reading now on the 101 (ex. 42) Then slowly turn the bolt clockwise 2+ turns until you reach your number again (ex 42). How many turns did it take? If it took 3.8 turns then you would set the knob back to 0 and turn the bolt back counter clockwise 1/2 the number of turn that it took you to reach your number the second time. (ex 3.8 turns clockwise you would turn the bolt 1.9 turn counter clockwise)

Once that is done tighten the 2 outer ele. bolts, loosen the 2 az bolts under the the base, set the other (az dither dial) on 0 and repeat the process again.

I know it sound confussing but it really isn't once you've done it a couple of times.

There are also videos on solidsignal and utube that shows how to do it

This is how I do it with a Birdog 3.0 usb. I have been told that that the Birdog 4.0 can see the 99 and 103 so if you have on of those it should be easy.

#3 OFFLINE   DtvSlave

DtvSlave

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:18 PM

http://www.solidsign...tion_Manual.pdf

http://www.solidsign...tall_videos.asp

Edited by DtvSlave, 29 December 2008 - 03:20 PM.
added url link

#4 OFFLINE   thekobk

thekobk

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:33 PM

Do you have the sidecar or the slimline? The slimline alignment is not the same as the sidecar and the videos are a little dated.

#5 OFFLINE   mark44

mark44

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:45 PM

yes the videos are dated and the manual is not up to date either for the SL3.
I hope an updated manual is included with the SL3 SWM

spam firewall