Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How to: Copy and Replace Internal Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
727 replies to this topic

Poll: I have read the disclaimer and I understand that this process in NOT recommended (629 member(s) have cast votes)

I have read the disclaimer and I understand that this process in NOT recommended

1. YES - I agree I will not tamper with my leased equipment (437 votes [69.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.48%

2. NO - I agree to accept full financial responsibility for breaking my Customer Agreement (192 votes [30.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#726 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:17 PM

No problem caused - you just found the missing link for Keeping your recording :) going from one receiver to another

"Let's Have Some Fun!"
SL-5, SWM-16, (2) HR22-100, (1) H21-200, (1) H20-100, (1) HR44-200, (1) CCK

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#727 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 21,133 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 21 January 2016 - 12:49 AM

palmgrower

That made you are first person of the year 2016 in DTV DVR universe !

Sent from my Dell Lattitude D633  using FireFox under Windows 5.1

#728 OFFLINE   isuzudave

isuzudave

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 01:32 PM

Just a quick post to let folks know this worked with a HR44 and the newest version of gparted boot disk I could find (0.25.0 from February 2016).

I first copied the original 1TB drive to a 2TB WD Green that I had laying around.  I then remembered about a week later that the 2TB drive is about 5 years old.  I felt like it would be a good idea to put a new drive in.  I copied the 2TB drive to a new WD 3TB Blue drive.  They have folded the Green line into the Blue line.

Both copies went great with no errors.  I just switched from Dish to DTV a few weeks ago so there is not much on the drive yet.  It went from 92% free to 96% and had not error messages at all.  

I did use the "sudo su" command at the very begining, or else you have to type "sudo" before every command.  I also added the "-p 600" option to get a progress report every 10 minutes.  It took about 45 minutes.

• mocarob and palmgrower like this

Protected By... spam firewall...And...