Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish makes modifications for it 86.5 new bird and includes Puerto Rico

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   neljtorres

neljtorres

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:41 AM

Look what I found today! Includes Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Mexico:)

Attached Files

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Aransay

Aransay

Icon

• Registered
  • 651 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:06 AM

Grcias nej

lests e qhen we got a bird their and wich one
WAITING AXXIUSLY TO BE FIRST CUSTUMER OF THE NEW MEXICO DISH SERVICES RELATED: hoping t otest it soon

#3 OFFLINE   neljtorres

neljtorres

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:52 AM

You are Welcome!

#4 OFFLINE   darksuite

darksuite

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

Look what I found today! Includes Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Mexico:)

que significa esto ?
What's that mean ?

#5 OFFLINE   neljtorres

neljtorres

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:08 AM

You have to read the attachment!

#6 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:33 AM

I wonder what kind of programkming they plan on carrying at this orbital location? I can see another modification to the 1000.4 dish on the horizion!
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#7 OFFLINE   rocatman

rocatman

Icon

• Registered
  • 815 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:08 AM

I wonder what kind of programkming they plan on carrying at this orbital location? I can see another modification to the 1000.4 dish on the horizion!

I don't think Dish is planning on using the 86.5 W slot in the U.S. at least not CONUS because the downlink footprint is very bad for the northern part of the U.S. because Dish had to avoid inteference with the Canadian DBS slots at 82 W and 91 W. This is just speculation but I believe Dish plans to use 86.5 W for Mexico in conjunction with the 77 W slot. By doing this not only will Dish expand its presents in Mexico but it will allow them to more easily obtain approval to have more spotbeam capacity on the QuetzSat-1 satellite for the U.S. that will be launched to 77 W to 2011. The satellite going to 86.5 W should be launched in about the same time frame as QuetzSat-1.

#8 OFFLINE   PTown

PTown

Legend

• Registered
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:22 PM

I don't think Dish is planning on using the 86.5 W slot in the U.S. at least not CONUS because the downlink footprint is very bad for the northern part of the U.S. because Dish had to avoid inteference with the Canadian DBS slots at 82 W and 91 W.

Quoted from the attachment:

"EchoStar-86.5W will deliver 32 DBS channels from the 86.5°W.L. geostationary orbital
position. A single North American shaped antenna beam is used to transmit DBS signals
over all of CONUS, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Mexico. Full frequency re-use is
achieved by the use of dual circular polarization. Uplinks are provided from either of
EchoStar’s two existing facilities: Cheyenne, WY and Gilbert, AZ."

"The main technical changes to the EchoStar-86.5W satellite are (a) the tailoring of the
North American downlink beam to reduce the EIRP over Canadian territory"

#9 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,703 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:08 PM

And "The EchoStar-86.5W satellite uses the standard channel center frequencies and channel
bandwidths prescribed in the ITU’s Region 2 BSS Plan.1 The difference is that the
polarization of the channels is opposite to that in the Plan"

#10 OFFLINE   rocatman

rocatman

Icon

• Registered
  • 815 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

If you look on page 7 of the attachment from the first post in this thread you can see the downlink signal in most of Michigan including Detroit, the northern and western parts of New York, the upper third of Minnesota and Wisconsin and a good portion of New England will have terrible coverage requiring a dish quite larger than even a 1000.4 for adequate signal. If you looked at the filing for the E-5 satellite at 129 W, I am sure it mentions CONUS as well but we all know the problems with 129 W in parts of the country including areas that have a reasonable line of sight.

#11 OFFLINE   PTown

PTown

Legend

• Registered
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:37 AM

Oh yeah I saw that too. I'm not disagreeing, just found it interesting it's filed that way.
I tend to believe the beams are not as tight as they display on the maps either.

spam firewall