Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Advice for dish mount needed!!

overseas.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

There for Jeter's flip play

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,162 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:18 PM

I have the perfect place for the dish install. It's the south side of the house, where the roof joists extend past the house, so I don't have to worry about making holes into the attic.

I'm installing an AU9 dish and I'm not sure exactly how I should do it. I'm thinking two pressure-treated 2x4s spanning the two joists nearest the house one catching the top of the foot and the other catching the bottom of it would work just fine.

Can the lines run higher than the dish and then enter the house through the attic, or should I run them down to the crawl space?

Thanks in advance

David

Attached Thumbnails

• dish1.jpg
  • dish2.jpg

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   firefighter4evr

firefighter4evr

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:21 AM

I have the perfect place for the dish install. It's the south side of the house, where the roof joists extend past the house, so I don't have to worry about making holes into the attic.

I'm installing an AU9 dish and I'm not sure exactly how I should do it. I'm thinking two pressure-treated 2x4s spanning the two joists nearest the house one catching the top of the foot and the other catching the bottom of it would work just fine.

Can the lines run higher than the dish and then enter the house through the attic, or should I run them down to the crawl space?

Thanks in advance

David

Looks like an under the eave mount would work perfectly for you.... there is a link to a thread talking about them...

good luck

http://www.dbstalk.c...ight=eave mount

My Setup

Slimline 3-LNB Dish
WB68 Muti-Switch
Living Room: R16-300
Master Bedroom: D12-500
Kids Bedroom: D12-500

Proudly Non Comcastic since 2007

#3 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

And if you were going to mount it directly on the roof, you'd be better of bolting a 2x4 to each side of the middle rafter, making a thick platform under the roofing planks where all 6 bolts on the mast foot would be well supported. No reason to span the two rafters.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...