Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ATT U-verse and IR emmiters

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cantrellswire

cantrellswire

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

I'm a DTV tech gone home theater. I've installed my share of IR distribution systems and I've just run into my first problem. I've installed an IR distribution system to a DVD, VHS, Stereo and a U-verse receiver. All systems respond except the U-verse. I tested the emitter and it worked fine. I got a different type of emitter ( a shelf emitter ) it too did not fix the problem but was working on all other devices. When using the Uverse remote with the door open the system worked. When using the Monster Universal 100 remote the system worked. I put a news paper in front of the U-verse and it still worked thinking it might be set to radio frequency. But it didn’t work with the door closed. I know with DTV advanced products you can use IR or RF but this is not acting like a RF and the IR seems to be crap too. Anyone have any insight?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,284 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

Have you tried putting a screen over the emitter? Sometimes they are too bright...my Russound does this on a Xantech block. I had to put a screen over one emitter on an H20-600 no less.
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#3 OFFLINE   cantrellswire

cantrellswire

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:53 PM

That didn't work . Any other suggestions?

#4 OFFLINE   KG4MVP

KG4MVP

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

I work with IR almost every day (installing high end systems and house wide control) and have run into this issue from time to time. Trial and error seem to be the best method. We use Xantech and RTI for our systems. With the RTI pieces we need to turn the gains all the way up for it to run most equipment. But in doing so some pieces won't work (HR10-250 for example) because the signal is too strong. usually moving the emmiter a little further away from the IR receiver usually solves the problem. An inch or 2 should do it. Also, emmiters being what they are usually prone to failure. Just a suggestion. Hope it helps.

#5 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

I'm a DTV tech gone home theater. I've installed my share of IR distribution systems and I've just run into my first problem. I've installed an IR distribution system to a DVD, VHS, Stereo and a U-verse receiver. All systems respond except the U-verse. I tested the emitter and it worked fine. I got a different type of emitter ( a shelf emitter ) it too did not fix the problem but was working on all other devices. When using the Uverse remote with the door open the system worked. When using the Monster Universal 100 remote the system worked. I put a news paper in front of the U-verse and it still worked thinking it might be set to radio frequency. But it didn’t work with the door closed. I know with DTV advanced products you can use IR or RF but this is not acting like a RF and the IR seems to be crap too. Anyone have any insight?

Lot's of threads/disscussions on this subject to be found by the use of our old frined "google".

here's one:
http://www.highdefforum.com/t-u-verse/79493-issues-rf-ir-universal-remote-u-verse.html

#6 OFFLINE   gromit_dog

gromit_dog

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:22 AM

I have simular problem. Try turning out all lights and dim your TV to the lowest viewable setting. My IR signal was picking up interference from other light sources. Very weird.

spam firewall