Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ViP622/ViP722 - L6.16 Software Experiences/Bugs Discussion

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   DaveSwartz

DaveSwartz

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:48 PM

Apparently channels 5500-5510 are for Hawaii and Alaska??? For some reason my 622 DVR wants to attempt to record these channels when they score a hit for a DishPass. The software does not let me lockout these channels.
Dish 722K L682
MT2, Sling Adapter

Dave Swartz
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   timandmelody

timandmelody

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:43 AM

I just got the 722 last week and it has the L6.16 release. I've had this problem multiple times this past week since I always start watching the recordings after the show has already begun. It is very annoying.

FYI. Response from Dish Tech desk: "Our engineering department is aware of this issue. It has been determined the issue is software related and we are actively working on a resolution." And "They are currently working towards a resolution for this issue. Unfortunately, we do not have a status report for this situation at this time."

#123 OFFLINE   tymekeeper

tymekeeper

Legend

• Registered
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:06 PM

I got L6.17 now

#124 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:05 PM

No, I don't think you understand... If I'm recording an hour-long show and I begin watching that program a half-hour into it, the program should not just stop once the timer stops... I should be able to watch the program straight through to the end. What's happening is that when the timer stops recording the show, when it's set to end, it kills the viewing in progress even if I'm only a half-hour into the viewing. It's never, ever happened before this last software update.

lujan has it right. If you start viewing a recording in progress, you're choices are to Start Over or View Live.

I'll try my example again:
• Lost starts at 9pm.
• I start viewing the recording at 9:30pm.
• At 10:02, when the timer is set to stop, my playback stops even though I'm only a half-hour into the viewing. It kicks me out as if the show ended.
• I then have to go back to the event and Start Over. (and FF to where I got cut off)

It all depends on how you accessed the program. If you go to the program via the DVR button you should not experience the problem. If OTOH you just go to the tuner that is being used for the recording without using the DVR button and rewind to the beginning, you will get abruptly dumped to "live TV" at the end of the timer. This is normal! When you don't use the DVR button to access the program you are watching the live buffer, not the DVR recording.
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#125 OFFLINE   feffer

feffer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:52 PM

It all depends on how you accessed the program. If you go to the program via the DVR button you should not experience the problem. If OTOH you just go to the tuner that is being used for the recording without using the DVR button and rewind to the beginning, you will get abruptly dumped to "live TV" at the end of the timer. This is normal! When you don't use the DVR button to access the program you are watching the live buffer, not the DVR recording.

Noticed Taco Lovers problem only once -- not sure how I accessed it. OTOH, I watch sports delayed 30-45 minutes all the time. I access by using the DVR button, and can never remember a problem. So maybe Michael P has it right.

#126 OFFLINE   bs0

bs0

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

OK, here's my sad story of woe:
- had a 622 with top 200 + silver hd + setanta + locals
- wanted to change to locals + sentanta + dish hd gold
- dish changed it
- no hd at all
- many hours over several days on phone - no fix.
- 3 technicians over several days at house - no fix.
- 2 receivers later - now have a vip 722 - no fix.

The receiver keeps saying 'not activated for hd'...and in system info page, says vipxxx-SD....they turned off all HD....reset...it went back to vipxxx-HD...yay!..then, we unplugged to cause download of new program guide...receiver went back to vipxxx-SD...I am thinking the Dish system and the current SW are not compatible with regards to the provisioning of HD only packages...They are having engineering check so i guess i'll wait a week or so possibly with only SD locals to see what they do.

Other issue is though that HDMI no longer works through my Denon 3808CI amp from the VIP722 whereas it used to be fine on the VIP622. Anyone know of this issue and a way to fix?

thanks,
Brett

#127 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

I would first try to directly connect it to your TV and see if that works. That way you will rule out a possible Bad HDMI port.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

Protected By... spam firewall...And...