Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Is RTN coming to Southern California DirecTV?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   konfusion

konfusion

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

Is RTN coming to Southern California DirecTV? a bunch of shows i want to see that are on it

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,199 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:02 AM

Is RTN coming to Southern California DirecTV? a bunch of shows i want to see that are on it

If it is on a digital sub-channel as it is here in Atlanta, chances are NO!

I would love to see RTN create a national feed and distribute it to places such as DirecTV. Since local affiliates customize their own programming choices, a national feed would not step on toes and would bring true classic TV back to those who want it.

Sad part is there have been reports that RTN's new owners (Luken Media) are engaged in some form of legal battle with their former owners (Equity Broadcasting) and RTN could suffer because of it.

Edited by fluffybear, 06 January 2009 - 04:07 AM.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#3 OFFLINE   Wisegoat

Wisegoat

Icon

• Registered
  • 803 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

There was a rumor that KDOC 56 was going to start showing it on their sub-channel 56.3. Don't know that anybody really knows anything about it at this time.

They might as well make it their main signal. They don't show anything but old Saved By The Bell reruns anymore anyway. The one and only time that they showed something in HD was during the NCAA tournament last year. They used it as an overflow channel for the UCI game.

#4 OFFLINE   konfusion

konfusion

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:24 PM

o damn that sucks.. some 80s shows i really wanted to see again

#5 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,634 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:15 AM

KAZT in Phoenix has it on their 7.2 sub channel, but for some reason my HR20 is giving me the searching for signal message since they switched it from a simulcast of 7.1.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...