Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ViP HD DVR Audio related Issues - (Post your current audio related issues Here)

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#241 OFFLINE   BarryG

BarryG

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:30 AM

I'm getting the clicks/pops consistently on my daily NBC/PBS news recordings. I started recording both the OTA and satellite feeds and the clicks/pops are present on both. They're also present when viewing the broadcasts live. This is a very glaring fault!!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#242 OFFLINE   jetfan

jetfan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:49 AM

I had to reset my DVR last night for the first time in 2 weeks because of clicks that wouldn't stop.

#243 OFFLINE   bnewt

bnewt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 344 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:16 AM

noticed over the week end that TNT was having audio problems during King Kong. I have the 722 with 6.18

May God Guide and Guard the USA!

#244 OFFLINE   feffer

feffer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:36 PM

Using VIP 722 and recently noticed audio fading in and out on ABC (not OTA). This was on a recording of George Stephanapolus' Sunday morning talk show. The volume faded and returned continuously throughout the show. My audio goes thru an AV/R to a 5.1 speaker system. A recording of a show on CNN a few hours later was fine. Later, I noticed the problem again, also on ABC. It's hard to tell if the volume is going up/down on all the speakers, or if it is shifting around from center to R-L speakers (kind of sounds like it might be the later). All the wiring is OK. Anyone else noticing this?

Like many of you, I suffered thru the quick sound drop-outs on Fox and ABC. I hope this is not a mutation of that horrible issue. I did a search and didn't find this mentioned, but I haven't visited this forum for a few months.

feffer

#245 OFFLINE   skyviewmark1

skyviewmark1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:10 AM

So has this problem gone away for everyone.. I just changed one of my receivers to a 722k with the OTA Module.. Hooked via HDMI to my Onkyo System and projector. Hooked via Component to my 32in lcd. Audio through my Onkyo on DolbyDigital was a total mess. Dropouts ever so often. No audio problems via component to my LCD TV. Changed the Digital output to my Optical cable instead of HDMI and audio was unchange, still dropouts.. This was happenning on ABC via OTA and CBS via Satellite. Any thoughts?
Mark

Local Dealers always make good friends

2 Hopper 2000's - 2 Joey 1.0's - Dish 1000.4 WA
-------------------------------------
DirecTV HR20-700 - HR24-200 - DTV SWMLine LNB
-------------------------------------
Wildblue SM2000 and dish

#246 OFFLINE   BarryG

BarryG

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:01 AM

Any thoughts?

audio issues persist - I'd guess that the unit has design problems

#247 OFFLINE   bnewt

bnewt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:50 AM

I see lip sync problems almost nightly with MSNBC. I do see some problems with other channels, but with MSNBC it seems to always be out of sync.

May God Guide and Guard the USA!

#248 OFFLINE   Mogrub

Mogrub

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:09 PM

I had recurring audio drops on my new 722k Dish setup. The fault is triggered when recording using one tuner and watching live tv using another tuner. At that point, if you pause or rewind the live feed, when playback resumes, the audio drops out every few seconds from that point forward. If you then record that program, the drops are also present upon playback. Resets fix the issue for a short time, but when you replicate the fault inducing conditions, the problem recurs.

Connection is HDMI from the 722k to the Pioneer VSX 918V amplifier. There is an OTA module installed but the fault appears to be completely independent of it. Box is in single mode.

Dish sent a replacement 722k. Same problem under the same conditions.

In addition to the 722k to Pioneer amplifier HDMI link, I've also got the audio and video feeds from this 722k sent to a VCR via RCA cables, and from the VCR to the Pioneer amp using RCA cables.

I just replicated the conditions necessary to cause the audio fault, and had the audio drop clearly (and annoyingly) present while listening through the primary HDMI link. I then changed the Pioneer input so that I was listening to the same program via the RCA feed, changing nothing else. Via RCA, there were no audio drops. You can switch back and forth at the Pioneer amp to listen to the HDMI feed (problems) and then the RCA feed (no problems).

Fascinating. Irritating too.

So I took the audio signal from the 722k to the Pioneer amp via an optical cable. Same program still playing with audio drops. Only audible on the HDMI feed. Not via RCA or optical links.

So I moved all of the equipment and rewired as this problem dictated. The video signal now goes direct to the TV from the 722K via HDMI, and the audio travels solo from the 722k to the amp via optical. That's fine, as far as it goes, but since my HDTV is several years old, and thus has only one HDMI input, I am now forced to take the BluRay player video signal to the TV directly, where I'm forced to use the component video jacks, since the only HDMI input is now monopolized by the direct feed from the 722k. Not ideal.

Maybe this information will help somebody else with their audio headaches. I'll repost if the signal drops recur using the new connection scheme, but so far so good.

Edited by Mogrub, 18 January 2010 - 03:19 PM.
typo correction and clarity

Better Living Through Circuitry

Sony KP-65WS500
Panasonic TH50PX80
Samsung BDP1600
Pioneer 918V
Aiwa MX100
Dish 722k
Sonos
Plus a very good Great Dane

#249 OFFLINE   Red Dwarf

Red Dwarf

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:49 PM

Thanks so much! Good info. Dish was clueless about this bug.

#250 OFFLINE   drmckenzie

drmckenzie

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:39 AM

I have been getting numerous sound dropouts on recordings -- about a second in duration.

However, when I jump back immediately after a dropout and replay the section, the dropout is gone, and the sound is fine.

#251 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:07 PM

After nearly every commercial break when the program returns on FNC 205 there is a quick audio drop-out. Fortunately it only has affected the music they play upon the program's return. I'm beginning to think that the Dish-inserted commercials may be a factor. I had a chance to see the same channel on the nursing home's in-house cable system that was fed by D* (I saw an E* bashing commercial where D* did a parody of E*'s commercial - this one has never been shown outside of the D*feed). Anyway, I did not hear that audio drop out on the D* feed.
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#252 OFFLINE   Rogernet

Rogernet

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:15 PM

I have been focused on another DISH VIP612 problem (w/HDCP) over the past 10 months, but was curious on the so-called audio dropouts in this thread today. For the past week especially, I've noticed this problem primarily on the local Fox channel 13 in the Seattle area.

It was so bad, that I had to switch to my TV backup, an old OTA Analog to Digital non-HDTV to watch the final episode of "24" on Fox last Monday which I also tried to DVR (but it also copied the dropout problem). I also noticed that this problem goes away if I switch to local SD Fox channel alternate....but then I lose the HD quality. This problem seems to come and go, but lately is on the increase. I also do not notice this problem with standard cable/satellite channels...only the local spot stations...mostly Fox and sometimes NBC.

My Dish 500 setup here is with Echostar Satellites 129 (HD) on one Dish, and 110 and 119 on a second Dish which is pretty standard on the west coast. The dish elevation angle is pretty low at our lattitude. I am curious if this problem could be universal based on the Dish installation satellites being used and not the receivers or local stations. Has Dish or anyone found
out if this problem has been isolated geographically or by satellite combination or their elevations...to cause the dropout/synch problems?

#253 OFFLINE   drmckenzie

drmckenzie

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:30 PM

I have been getting numerous sound dropouts on recordings -- about a second in duration.

However, when I jump back immediately after a dropout and replay the section, the dropout is gone, and the sound is fine.

Just for the record, the dropouts continue. Every 5 minutes or so, I lose the sound for a couple of seconds. It doesn't matter what channel I'm watching, or if it is a recorded program. Backing up and replaying the section doesn't have the dropout.

#254 OFFLINE   NTIMID8

NTIMID8

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:34 PM

L6.27 on the 622 now and the audio drops on locals have return on a couple of locas again, Just like L6.15. Think it will take 7 months to fix like the last time??

#255 OFFLINE   drmckenzie

drmckenzie

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:22 AM

For the last month or so, I have had very few audio dropouts. Perhaps this is the result of the new software....if so, bravo!

#256 OFFLINE   biz

biz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:52 PM

Any solution to the loud commercials? I have a 722 which goes through an Onkyo AV Receiver to some built in wall and ceiling speakers. If I'm not right at the couch (like when I'm here at the computer but can see the tv) and those commercials blast me out!, turn them down, when show restarts, can't hear it.

I've seen a couple of off the shelf items, and checked my setup for any solutions, none found.

I have emailed CNN but nothing will be done. ticks me off.

#257 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:44 AM

Drop outs on the Local Fox channel for sure If I use the TV audio no problems, but using my Tuner it happens often.

#258 OFFLINE   Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

My audio dropouts (on recorded material) seem to be getting worse and worse...from 1/2 second to 8 seconds!

And my closed captions are totally screwed up on BBC america. Eveery 10 seconds they get jumbled and I have to pause for a second and then resume to get them back in sync.

For a hard of hearing person these two EQUIPMENT FAILURES are a disaster and I don't see Dish doing anything to fix them! This has been going on WAY TOO LONG!

Edited by Curmudgeon, 18 October 2010 - 06:09 PM.

#259 OFFLINE   hokie-dk

hokie-dk

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

On my 622 with an optical cable connection to my A/V receiver, a portion of the sound has been fading in and out for the last couple of weeks. For example, on ESPN Thursday Night Football tonight, the announcers fade out so that they can hardly be heard, but the remaining sound tracks are perfect - sounds like I'm right in the stadium. Then the announcer's sound level will come back to almost normal for a moment, then fade out again. The same thing happened to my wife while she was watching something else - something on NBC, but I don't recall what. She said she couldn't hear what the host of the show was saying, but all the backgound sound was still there.

I'm going to replace the optical cable in hopes that the simplest fix will do the trick. If that doesn't work, I'll swap my 722k for the 622 and see what happens.

Anyone have a similar experience?
ViP622 - Software: L635 - Single Mode HDTV - Sony KDF-E60A20 using component connection through Sony Receiver: HT-6900DP
ViP722k - Software: L685 - Dual Mode HDTV - Sony KVL-46W5100 using component connection & SDTV- Sony KV27FV300
DP1000 Antenna

#260 OFFLINE   hokie-dk

hokie-dk

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

Well now. Last night my 622 locked up tight. I had to pull the plug and power back on, upon which I received a message that the hard drive was corrupted and all my recordings were going to be deleted. That was the bad news. The good news is that my sound is now back to normal - at least for today.
ViP622 - Software: L635 - Single Mode HDTV - Sony KDF-E60A20 using component connection through Sony Receiver: HT-6900DP
ViP722k - Software: L685 - Dual Mode HDTV - Sony KVL-46W5100 using component connection & SDTV- Sony KV27FV300
DP1000 Antenna

Protected By... spam firewall...And...