Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How important is the banner ad to the Forum?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

I hate those kinds of things so I normally don't have them on. But if it really helps the Forum I will turn it on.
DBSTalk is a great Forum and I'm always willing to do things that help the Forum :sunsmile:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ladannen

ladannen

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:42 PM

I have thought of this as well since the forum had the upgrade and the top ad banner has been optional.
My guess is that DBSTalk doesn't care unless you actually click on the add to get them revenue.

#3 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,214 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:49 PM

Quoted from the "Forum Upgrade" thread:

Cool.

Concerning the Top Ad. Do you get any benift from it just being there or does one have to click on it for it to "count"? If its the later, I'll leave it in place.

Greetings Robert...

Last post for me this evening as I have been at this upgrade from the early morning and have not left the table. Time to quite for me tonight. ;)

It can help as ads are bought in a number of ways. The ones that help here are the ones that are purchased by impression count (An impression is one VIEWING of the banner ad.). As such, the more impressions severed, the more inventory is able to be offered.

Thanks for asking.

Nite all (And Happy Holidays)

David

#4 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:15 AM

Quoted from the "Forum Upgrade" thread:

Thanks and the ad banner will be turned on :sunsmile: I'm sure I'll get used to it :)

EDIT: Gee I expected to get hit with this big banner, but I hardly even noticed it :lol: What happened :eek2: When I first looked the ad banner was small, but the second time it was indeed a good size banner. Oh well I guess I will still get used to it :)

Edited by Dolly, 08 January 2009 - 05:30 AM.

spam firewall