Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

new channel called AFN and some channels have been moved this morning

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:32 AM

Good morning a new country music channel has been added this morning to our directv lineup it is called Artist and Fans Network and all they do is play country music videos it is on channel 325.Also RFD has been moved from channel 379 to 345 and also golf channel has moved from channel 605 to channel 218.

Thanks

Allen Culver
Streator,Illinois

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,892 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:52 AM

Good morning a new country music channel has been added this morning to our directv lineup it is called Artist and Fans Network and all they do is play country music videos it is on channel 325.Also RFD has been moved from channel 379 to 345 and also golf channel has moved from channel 605 to channel 218.

Thanks

Allen Culver
Streator,Illinois

Very interesting. I especially find the Golf Channel move interesting.

Makes me wonder if they're moving channels to consolidate space. :scratchin

Hmmm…. :)

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#3 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:53 AM

I see they have a website and sure enough, they are heavily promoting the fact that they are launching on DirecTV today.

Wonder why nobody knew about this beforehand?

Equipment includes a buncha stuff that I no longer have interest in detailing

#4 OFFLINE   Pepster

Pepster

Legend

• Registered
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:00 AM

I see they have a website and sure enough, they are heavily promoting the fact that they are launching on DirecTV today.

Wonder why nobody knew about this beforehand?

It would be nice if DirecTV gave us e-mails telling us when something will be added or something will be moved. Obviously they can because alway get mails promoting the Entertainment Guide and PPV events.

#5 OFFLINE   Pepster

Pepster

Legend

• Registered
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:07 AM

Thanks

Allen Culver
Streator,Illinois

Could that mean the the NBA Channel would eventually move to 214, 216 or 219 so that all major league sports channels can be somewhat close to each other (N.F.L. 212, M.L.B. 213, N.H.L. 215 & now GOLF 218).

#6 OFFLINE   Piratefan98

Piratefan98

Icon

• Registered
  • 685 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:13 AM

It would be nice if DirecTV gave us e-mails telling us when something will be added or something will be moved.

Maybe they're too busy. With all those big-time, round-the-clock negotiations going on for Travel, ESPN-U, etc., they hardly have time to be sending out e-mails.

Fan-Boy Jeff

#7 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,745 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:33 AM

Thanks

Allen Culver
Streator,Illinois

345? Thats an interesting channel number to put it on, as there are no other channels (nor has there ever been) in the 340's.

Could that mean the the NBA Channel would eventually move to 214, 216 or 219 so that all major league sports channels can be somewhat close to each other (N.F.L. 212, M.L.B. 213, N.H.L. 215 & now GOLF 218).

And Tennis on 217. 214 will be MLB alternative, according to the MLB website.

#8 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:52 AM

there is a channel i would like to see directv to pick up called bluehighways tv and you will like the channel a bunch.it is almost like RFD-TV.but a little more varitey.the website is Bluehighwaystv.com.

Thanks

#9 OFFLINE   LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:21 AM

Always good to see a new channel get a shot, and give us something new to check out. Thanks to the OP for spotting and posting.:)
Larry R. Flowers
Winder (Atlanta) GA
Twitter @larryflowers
HR20-700 HR23-700 H24-100
1st DirecTV Receiver Install Nov 1994
i'm a PC Guy

#10 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:29 AM

It would be nice if DirecTV gave us e-mails telling us when something will be added or something will be moved. Obviously they can because alway get mails promoting the Entertainment Guide and PPV events.

They do announce new channels and channel moves in your monthly bill. I often see them in the weekly email I get from DirecTV. And you'll often see them as banner "ads" in the guide.

#11 OFFLINE   Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:29 AM

Here's their site:

http://www.artistsandfansnetwork.com/

Their about us page:
Artists and Fans Network is all about the music.

We showcase the best in country music videos, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. But that is where the similarity to other video broadcasters ends. We go beyond the current top 20 playlist to showcase the other 90% of artists that you may hear on the radio but never see on Great American Country (GAC) or Country Music Television (CMT). AFN features performers like Hank Williams Jr., Darryl Worley, Mark Wills, and Aaron Tippen, who have dedicated followings, broad name recognition, but little to no video air play.

We do not broadcast reality shows or infomercials. We broadcast video music 24/7/365. Simply put, we are all about the music.

Why are we different? We appreciate and support the artists. We support not just the very biggest stars of the hour, but the artists of yesteryear and tomorrow. Our approach, is to offer multi-channel streaming and on-demand music videos paired with a vibrant interactive on-line socially networked community.

#12 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• Registered
  • 15,286 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:44 AM

Mrs. Smiddy will like the new channel, me not so much but obligatorily i will. :)
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#13 OFFLINE   xzi

xzi

Icon

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:50 AM

345? Thats an interesting channel number to put it on, as there are no other channels (nor has there ever been) in the 340's.

And Tennis on 217. 214 will be MLB alternative, according to the MLB website.

I noticed 214, it is already in my guide on Media Center as MLBNA

#14 OFFLINE   dodge boy

dodge boy

R.I.P. Chris Henry

• Banned User
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:09 AM

Only if they remove NBA from the sports pack...

Big Ten should move down there too and CBS sports (613), since it is part of the Total Choice Plus package.....

I wish they would take ESPNU out of the sports pack and move it there too, I know that is ESPN's decision not D*'s.

#15 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Registered
  • 961 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:15 AM

the Big ten network WAS formerly 212 , I believe.. Directv moved it to the 600's.

#16 OFFLINE   Albie

Albie

Godfather

• Registered
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:25 AM

Big Ten should move down there too and CBS sports (613), since it is part of the Total Choice Plus package.....

I wish they would take ESPNU out of the sports pack and move it there too, I know that is ESPN's decision not D*'s.

I doubt they will move CBS College as it is not in the Choice Extra package (Their current equivalent to TC+)

As to ESPNU I imagine it is up to D* to keep it in the sports pack. ESPN very likely wants it in Choice/Choice Plus (More subs = more money) and is likely part of the reason we do not yet have and ESPNU HD feed.

Edited by Albie, 07 January 2009 - 09:30 AM.

#17 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:28 AM

I think they want to keep Big ten by it's 4+ alts.

Move speed channel and VS up.

#18 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:29 AM

at the end of this month we will be getting The Sportsman Channel also but i do not have the channel number it will be on it will be part of Choice Xtra package.

http://www.multichan...ndustryid=47194

Thanks

#19 OFFLINE   Crypter

Crypter

Godfather

• Registered
  • 454 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:33 AM

I find it odd that ANY new network would launch this day and age in SD and not HD... what a waste.

#20 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:40 AM

how do you sign for newsletters that you guys are talking about from directv about upcoming channels?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...