Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

new channel called AFN and some channels have been moved this morning

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Jashobeam

Jashobeam

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 01:52 PM

IMHO:

- A feature like webby s describes would make sense and is certainly do-able in a software update. Different people might want to organize channels differently.

- DirecTV makes these changes, with NO announcements. Many times the added channels do not even populate the favorites menu. For the 99.9% of customers that do not frequent this website, there is no way to know what is going on, short of searching the set-up menu on a regular basis.

Isn't Dish coming out with a box that will allow regrouping channels this year?

I go through the Wiki for DirecTV channels on a monthly basis or so just to keep up with what is being added. It seems to be pretty up to date. I would love a better search engine on DirecTV; the current one is about 10 years behind the times. I would also like to be able to group my DVRed shows by genre or by catagories I make up. That way we could have kids shows on one list, movies on another and documentaries on yet another. I would also love to have an option in search when looking for a show that NOTHING comes up except the channels I get (not even PPV.) If I do a search for "comedy" I get a ton of results, but most of the comedy movies are not listed, just page after page of PPV movies. The entire search needs an overhaul.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall