Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ch 225 -- 5 Continents Television (Discover China)/Untamed Sports TV

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tftc22

tftc22

Godfather

• Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

I noticed that channel 225 is now showing English language/captioned programming from China in the afternoon. Programming is from a station called 5 Continents Television and shows a documentary called "Discover China". As far as I can tell, all 5CTV programming seems to be commercial-free. I read an article that said the series was shot entirely in HD, although it probably isn't being shown in HD. Here's the full article.

Channel 225 is also showing programming from Untamed Sports. I haven't seen that yet and am guessing that it is advertising in disguise like the Pursuit channel (I don't have very high hopes for it). Anyway, I thought I'd let you guys know about 5CTV/Discover China since the actual content on that channel could be easily missed since it is paid programming/shopping most of the time.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Tele-TV

Tele-TV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 474 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:50 PM

Thanks for the heads up! Besides "Discover China," there are 2 other documentary series/shows; Mekong, and Chong Qin. It looks tomorrow is the only day, for a while at least, they are they going to show this stuff [again]. Got my DVR set. Thanks again tftc22.

Edited by Tele-TV, 07 January 2009 - 05:51 PM.
Grammar.

#3 OFFLINE   tftc22

tftc22

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:34 PM

Thanks for the heads up! Besides "Discover China," there are 2 other documentary series/shows; Mekong, and Chong Qin. It looks tomorrow is the only for a while they are they going to show this stuff [again]. Got my DVR set. Thanks again tftc22.

The guide shows that there are large blocks of "Untamed Sports". According to the schedule on Untamed Sports' website, 5 Continents Television is part of its daily schedule. Look for Directv to update the guide, but if they don't then you may want to set up manual recordings from 1pm until 5pm Eastern even though no specific programming is listed in Directv's guide.

#4 OFFLINE   Tele-TV

Tele-TV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 474 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:50 PM

Thanks again tft. Thats a good suggestion to set up manual recordings. Will do that today.

#5 OFFLINE   Tele-TV

Tele-TV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 474 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:50 PM

TFT, I just came across this article, linked below. In the last paragraph they said on New Year's Day 09, that they showed a China celebration broadcast on D* [Ch. 325; and E*/Dish ntwk], was just wondering if you saw it and how it was? Thanks.

http://www.verticaln...es/1326523.html

#6 OFFLINE   tftc22

tftc22

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 325 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:10 PM

TFT, I just came across this article, linked below. In the last paragraph they said on New Year's Day 09, that they showed a China celebration broadcast on D* [Ch. 325; and E*/Dish ntwk], was just wondering if you saw it and how it was? Thanks.

http://www.verticaln...es/1326523.html

No, I didn't see the broadcast. I hadn't heard about it anywhere and didn't realize Directv was broadcasting 5CTV until I stumbled upon it in the guide on the 7th.

#7 OFFLINE   Tele-TV

Tele-TV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 474 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:44 PM

Oh okay, thanks anyways tft.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...