Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Installation 1/15/09

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BlueSnake

BlueSnake

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:36 AM

I am having Dish installed on Thursday between 8am & Noon.

I have opted for the America's Top 250 with all promos (HBO & Starz free for 3months, Cinemax for 12 mos for $.01, & $50 credit on 1st bill). I am also getting Showtime, & the HD Gold package.

I am getting one 722 & One 222 with 2 HDTVs & 2 regular TVs hooked up.

Is there anything I need to be aware of of anything I need to look out for during the installation.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Sandman

Sandman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:26 PM

Beware of the 222, if you search this forum you will see postings regarding issues with this receiver

Bob

#3 OFFLINE   rgreenpc

rgreenpc

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:40 PM

BlueSnake -

Perhaps swap for a 211?

#4 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:52 PM

If he was setup for an Eastern Arc, he'd need 2 211s. or change to a Western Arc with a 211 and 311.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#5 OFFLINE   Raymie

Raymie

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

Good luck, and welcome to Dish Network! I think you'll really find how quirky it is on our side of the fence.

Raymie | Proprietor, EKB News Monitor
Keep current with the News Monitor | Uplink Report Highlights, Recap of the Recap, and more
New: Retransmission consent disputes noticeboard

#6 OFFLINE   BlueSnake

BlueSnake

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:06 PM

It's quirky on all sides, believe me. I'm just tired of not having HD LILs. Dish also has more HD in their premium packages and that is what my wife and I are primarily interested in. 95% of our viewing is Network and Premium Channels. I love NFL Sunday Ticket, but at over $250 a year it's finally reached the point that it's not worth it to me anymore. That's all that was keeping me with Directv.

I appreciate all the feedback so far and will recheck the equipment on my order tomorrow.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...