Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

CricketTicket 2009 $299.00

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Registered
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:28 PM

International Cricket 2009-10

Edited by satexplorer, 02 June 2013 - 02:45 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mertzen

Mertzen

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

Will this still come from the Galaxy 3C bird at 95?
No longer doing DBS work, but missing every moment of it.

#3 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:34 PM

Will this still come from the Galaxy 3C bird at 95?

Ch. 477-479 are from Satellite 101°
Ch. 2027-2029 are from Satellite 95°

All channels are subject to change. I saw 117-119 change to 477-479 2 months ago.

#4 OFFLINE   quizzer

quizzer

Icon

• Registered
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:31 AM

[mentions new programming on HindiDirect.

Whats the new programming on hindi direct?

#5 OFFLINE   treaders

treaders

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:53 PM

2/09 Australia tour of South Africa..................................Regional [3 Test/5 ODI/2 T20]
4/09 Australia tour of Pakistan.......................................ARY Digital (DISH Network) [5 ODI/1 T20]
4/09 Indian Premier League........................................$99
6/09 ICC T20 World Championship from England.............$125
7/09 Australia tour of England........................................Zee Sports Americas (DISH Network) [5 Test/7 ODI]
10/09 ICC Champions Trophy from Pakistan..................$79
10/09 Australia tour of India..........................................Zee Sports Americas (DISH Network) [7 ODI]
10/09 Champions League T20 from India......................$79
11/09 West Indies tour of Australia.................................Regional [3 Test]
12/09 Pakistan tour of Australia..................................$59 [3 Test/5 ODI/1 T20]

Indian Premier League/ICC T20 World Championship.............$199

What does "Regional" in the listings above mean? Does this mean that DirecTV might cover these series?

#6 OFFLINE   satexplorer

satexplorer

Superstar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDock X

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

What does "Regional" in the listings above mean? Does this mean that DirecTV might cover these series?

Regional means that the home and road team will not be covered in all continents. This list is subject to change.

Edited by satexplorer, 13 January 2009 - 03:49 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• Registered
  • 15,451 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:40 PM

Man, I used to watch Cricket when I lived in Felixstowe in East Anglia. There's nothing like a good googly! But alas I can not find the wherewithal for such an expense.
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#8 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:49 PM

hi, could you please post the entire newsletter from DirecttV in this ...

299$ is way expensive compared to last 2 years...where DirectTV had cricketticket for 150$ ....this is double price and in this economy, I wonder who will buy it

#9 OFFLINE   gireeshbhat

gireeshbhat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:48 PM

Posted Image
this is the flyer I got from Directv.
One major series that is missing is Aus vs SA in SA. How come Directv is showing the later series in SA (Eng v SA) but not Aus v SA?
Please bear with me as I am using imageshack foir the first time.
Regards
Gireesh

Edited by gireeshbhat, 16 January 2009 - 11:09 PM.

#10 OFFLINE   gireeshbhat

gireeshbhat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:53 PM

[mentions new programming on HindiDirect.

Whats the new programming on hindi direct?

UTV movies (new for 2009) and Aastha are now included in hindidirect package.See my other post for the flyer from directv.
Regards
Gireesh

#11 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

This is the most ridiculous package, I ever saw from DirectTV. I was thinking of buying Cricket Ticket but this is too expensive. They should cut down at least 100$.

Also, Their Hindi Package sucks big time........Star Plus and Star One , they already show on Dish NetWork ...That Leaves only NDTV and MTV and for two channels they charge 30 bucks...........I mean Price is fine..but show more channels like NDTV Imagine or COLORS etc..........

DirectTV sucks big time...............................................

Also, Why they are not updating their website with this new announcements.......

#12 OFFLINE   gireeshbhat

gireeshbhat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:35 AM

This is the most ridiculous package, I ever saw from DirectTV. I was thinking of buying Cricket Ticket but this is too expensive. They should cut down at least 100$.

Also, Their Hindi Package sucks big time........Star Plus and Star One , they already show on Dish NetWork ...That Leaves only NDTV and MTV and for two channels they charge 30 bucks...........I mean Price is fine..but show more channels like NDTV Imagine or COLORS etc..........

DirectTV sucks big time...............................................

Also, Why they are not updating their website with this new announcements.......

Directv had the STAR network before DISH did. They are working on making their offerings more competitive by adding Aastha and UTV Movies to the hindidirect package. Cricketplus (although not a great channel) is still provided so that one can watch reruns of cricket matches. I would say Directv is quite ok when it comes to their offerings. Can they improve even more? Sure.They were missing a movie channel and utv movies should hopefully help with that. Now if only MTV starts showing more songs rather than useless roadies, etc....
Also about CricketTicket, you will notice that this year they have merged the ICC tournaments and IPL into the package. Previously you had to buy IPL and iCC tournaments separately.

Regards
Gireesh

#13 OFFLINE   Benny04

Benny04

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

So does that mean that Cricket Ticket won't be broadcasting the 2009 Ashes series?

Does Zee Sports America have the exclusive broadcast rights or will Cricket Ticket also have the rights?

Cheers,
Benny

#14 OFFLINE   Dave151

Dave151

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:25 AM

DISH has exclusive rights to England home matches through 2010, I believe, and that includes the next Ashes series this summer. DirecTV won't have any way to show those matches.

Your best option (short of switching to DISH) is to watch Zee Sports America online.

#15 OFFLINE   ramcm7

ramcm7

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:49 AM

So does that mean that Cricket Ticket won't be broadcasting the 2009 Ashes series?

Does Zee Sports America have the exclusive broadcast rights or will Cricket Ticket also have the rights?

Cheers,
Benny

The tour match contracts are negotiated with each Test/ODI country for matches hosted by that country's team. (I phrase it in that fashion because the "host" country retains the broadcast rights even if the matches are held at a neutral venue, I believe.) Currently the England-hosted tours contract is held by DISH/Zee Sports America, which also holds the contracts for India, Pakistan. DirecTV holds the contracts for Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. I believe DirecTV also holds the rights to matches from Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and the West Indies, although not all of the tours to these locales have been broadcast on DirecTV.

ICC tournaments and the IPL have separate contracts and have been available on both DISH and DirecTV.

I am a bit surprised at the dearth of tours included and with the inclusion of the IPL, the T20 WC, the T20 Champions League, and the Champions Trophy. These had all previously been set up as extra purchases. $299 might be worth it if you planned to purchase and watch all these extra tournaments, but some, like the Champions League, have dealt with postponements. Personally, I'd like to see some of the tours marked as "regional" to be included.

So, to answer your original question, the Ashes are not likely to be seen on DirecTV.

#16 OFFLINE   Benny04

Benny04

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:00 PM

Oh great... So if you're an Australian Cricket Fan living in the US, you have to subscribe to Dish Network for the 2009 Ashes series and India tours and then in December switch to Direct TV for the Australian domestic season???

That's so annoying!!!! :mad:

Benny

#17 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:02 PM

Okay...I am cricket crazy maniac...and I have both DISH and DIRECTTV..so that I do not miss a single series....................

My Cost to Watch : ASHES/ Australia's Tour of India /West Indies tour of England and Sri Lanka's Tour of India would be not more than 120$ (6 months of subscription of Zee Sports America).

Okay..Compare that with the ****ty package that DirectTV Offers...and kind of series they are offering with money.......Does not make sense unless they change the package prices too 149$

Now they can remove IPL and 20-20 World Cup from Package that they are offering (that leaves with with India's tour of New Zealand and Pakistan's tour of Australia :) )..........

DIRECTTV SUCKS BIG TIME.................................Compare to Prices and Packages that DISH TV offers......................

#18 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

If IPL is being offered by both DirectTV and DISH.......I would buy it from DISH ............Simply because, DirectTV sucks.......

#19 OFFLINE   ramcm7

ramcm7

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:58 PM

My Cost to Watch : ASHES/ Australia's Tour of India /West Indies tour of England and Sri Lanka's Tour of India would be not more than 120$ (6 months of subscription of Zee Sports America).

Can you actually purchase Zee Sports America for only six months? When it was first announced, I thought I saw that a full year's subscription was the only option.

#20 OFFLINE   Brandon428

Brandon428

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:13 PM

Man, I used to watch Cricket when I lived in Felixstowe in East Anglia. There's nothing like a good googly! But alas I can not find the wherewithal for such an expense.

I've never watched it but I agree that is too much. To me $99.99 would be a good value. At that price I might have been curious enough to look into it and perhaps get it.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...