Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Turned off Channels 80, 88 and 86 today

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,912 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

I know of several people who would love to have Pittsburg/Joplin but they cannot change from Tulsa.
Who know what thinking goes into these things!

Don't blame me. It is some other Nielsen who decides these things. :D

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

With the upcoming Directv price increase the DNS channel will go from $2.99 to $3.50. If you have all channels in both the East & West feeds the total goes from $12/mo to $14/mo.

Those are the prices for the SD DNS channels (380s). I'm planning to drop those channesl if they aren't needed to maintain the HD versions (80s & 390s).
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#23 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,288 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

Those are the prices for the SD DNS channels (380s). I'm planning to drop those channesl if they aren't needed to maintain the HD versions (80s & 390s).

I asked the vice president of customer service that very question 2 days ago and was told that you had to have the SD DNS channels to get the HD ones. They said that you can not just have a HD DNS for any affiliate without the SD version. I found that hard to believe and am pretty sure that there are people that just have the HD DNS but they may be ones that are grandfathered in as well who knows.

#24 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:45 PM

Since those with HD DNS had to have the SD ones first, I can only guess that those with HD only live in areas where the stations are owned and operated by the network.

Thanks for the info. I won't waste time calling an uninformed CSR about it. :)
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#25 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,288 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:29 PM

Since those with HD DNS had to have the SD ones first, I can only guess that those with HD only live in areas where the stations are owned and operated by the network.

Thanks for the info. I won't waste time calling an uninformed CSR about it. :)

lol I was replying to your comments but directing them at the original poster not you. I did not think that you would want to call.

#26 OFFLINE   rkr0923

rkr0923

• Registered
  • 499 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

Still on here

spam firewall