Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Did L6.16 Improve your Audio experience(Take 2)?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Did L6.16 improve your audio experience? (152 member(s) have cast votes)

Did L6.16 improve your audio experience?

1. Yes it did.. My audio issues are 100% fixed. (22 votes [14.47%])

Percentage of vote: 14.47%

2. Feels like partial fix. Fixed most of the issues. Still seeing some minor glitches. (22 votes [14.47%])

3. Made my life worse. My audio issues went from bad to horrible. (8 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

4. I did not have issues before and still don't. (49 votes [32.24%])

Percentage of vote: 32.24%

5. I did not have issues before, now I do. Would love L6.14 back. (9 votes [5.92%])

Percentage of vote: 5.92%

6. I am seeing audio issues only on my locals. (22 votes [14.47%])

7. I am seeing audio Issues both on my locals and other Channels. (12 votes [7.89%])

Percentage of vote: 7.89%

8. I am not seeing audo issues on my locals, but I get them on other channels. (4 votes [2.63%])

Percentage of vote: 2.63%

9. I have not received L6.16, and I believe I am having the audio drop out issues. (1 votes [0.66%])

Percentage of vote: 0.66%

10. I have not received L6.16 and I am not having audio drop out issues.. (3 votes [1.97%])

Percentage of vote: 1.97%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

I have a 722
HDMI to tv(video only)
optical to Yamaha RX-V2095 AV receiver for audio
I had short non-repeatable audio dropouts on OTA and national HD channels(MGM, Universal, etc...) with 6.14

Seem to have the same problems with 6.16, not really any change for the better or worse. Still seeing very short non-repeatable audio dropouts on OTA(PBS-HD last night) and on national HD like MGM, HDNet, Universal, etc...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Lee Bailey

Lee Bailey

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

I have a 722.

I now get lipsync problems on both HD and SD channels. TNT HD seems to be the worst.
Equipment List
Dish Hopper
3 Joeys
Samsung HL61A750 LED DLP HDTV
OPPO BDP-83 Blu Ray Player
Marantz SR5004 AVR
Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 L/C/R Speakers
Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 Surrounds
SVS 25-31PC Subwoofer

#23 OFFLINE   aaronM

aaronM

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:53 PM

I'm seeing the lip sync problems as well.

#24 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

All channels Lee? I get lipsync issues on TNT also. I think it is source related. Other than that and one other I don't get see lipsync issues very often.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

spam firewall