Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Brother of Ex MLB Slugger Mark McGwire "Tells All" About His Use in Steroids and HGH

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Captain_Canuck

Captain_Canuck

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:43 PM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3851381

http://a123.g.akamai...in?size=404x272

“Deca-Durabolin helped with his joint problems and recovery, while growth hormone helped his strength, making him leaner in the process. I became the first person to inject him, like most first-timers he couldn't plunge in the needle himself. Later a girlfriend injected him.” -- Jay McGwire, talking about his brother Mark in reported book proposal

A new book proposal, submitted by the admittedly estranged brother of Mark McGwire, claims the former major league slugger used both steroids and human growth hormone during his career.

In the proposal, first reported Wednesday on Deadspin.com, Jay McGwire alleges that Mark used Deca-Durabolin and that he introduced Mark to performance-enhancing drugs in 1994. Jay McGwire has also come out swinging against his older sibling, claiming he was the reason Mark got involved in steroids.

Jose Canseco, in a book he wrote in 2005, claims he and McGwire, former Oakland A's teammates, used performance-enhancing drugs as far back as 1988. Jay McGwire disputes that in the book proposal.

The McGwire brothers reportedly haven't spoken to each other for years.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:52 PM

Not a shocker. I guess the brother needs $$$$$$

Steroids = cheating

#3 ONLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:27 AM

Steroids = cheating

OK. What does throwing your brother under the bus equal?

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard Internet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device, Xbox 360 

#4 OFFLINE   Italia

Italia

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:02 AM

Throwing your brother under the bus=one ticked off brother.
Estranged Brother Exposing Brother + Cheating Brother with no discussion on the past = Two Scum Bags.

Mark McGwire, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa all made history. These three right here killed baseball for me. I lost respect for the game. Bud Selig and Roger Clemens have cemented my despise. Last season, I did not watch one full game of baseball. I may not even have made it two full innings. I used to watch just about every single baseball game possible of my team. McGwire, Bonds, Sosa, Clemens, Selig...thank you. Thank you for allowing me to enjoy other things in life.

#5 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:51 AM

There's more going on here than meets the eye. Family problems as well.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Mark 'clammed up' all this time becuase he was protecting his brother, even though he was estranged from him in a "I won't throw my family under the bus" attitude and Mark admitting it would have exposed the younger brother... I mean, I have a half-brother I no longer speak to but I wouldn't turn him in for something like this. Mind you, I wouldn't 'protect' someone committing physical violence, but reports are the estrangement came from Jay's *wife* over the behavior at a wedding?? Something's going on...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...