Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Not receiving email notifications on subscribed threads

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   daniellee

daniellee

Legend

• Registered
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:31 AM

Since to new DBSTalk.com site update, I have not been receiving email notifications on subscribed threads. I’ve checked my settings and all seems OK. Any ideas?
-Danny

AU9S Slimline Dish -> SWM-16
(1) HR20-700, (1) HR20-100, (1) HR21-100, (1) HR21-200, (1) HR21-700 (all DECA network with internet connection)
See my kitchen wall cabinet setup here

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,190 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:14 AM

I'm sorry but I don't see any issues on our end. We have had no other complaints.

The only thing I can suggest is that you check your ISP's spam folder.

#3 OFFLINE   daniellee

daniellee

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:49 PM

I'm sorry but I don't see any issues on our end. We have had no other complaints.

The only thing I can suggest is that you check your ISP's spam folder.

Thanks Chris. Stuart has been helping me by PM and I am now trying the steps he suggested below:

The site admin says he doesn't see anything different with your account, so my next suggestions would be:

(1) turn off all notifications and leave them off for 24 hours. Then turn them back on. At the same time delete all subscriptions. When you turn on notifications again, redo your subscriptions.

(2) Try to use a different e-mail address temporarily, even if you have to sign up for a hotmail, gmail, or yahoo account temporarily.

It's now been 24 hours and I have just turned back on all my prior notifications and subscribed to a few threads the see what happens. I haven't changed back to my origianl email address yet. If none of this works I'll try your suggestion. When I have something to report I'll post it here.

Thanks again,
-Danny

(1) HR20-700, (1) HR20-100, (1) HR21-100, (1) HR21-200, (1) HR21-700 (all DECA network with internet connection)

#4 OFFLINE   daniellee

daniellee

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:00 PM

OK, just got an email notification from one of my newly subscribed threads. So now I'll change back to my original email address.

Edit 01/27/09 4:22PM
Well that was no good, I never got the "Action Required to Verify Email Change for DBSTalk.Com" at my original email address thereby preventing me from posting until I changed back to my temporary address. Guess it’s time to call AT&T as you suggested Chris.

Edited by daniellee, 27 January 2009 - 03:29 PM.

-Danny

#5 OFFLINE   daniellee

daniellee

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

Well Chris was right. At the first of the year AT&T’s email became “powered by Yahoo”. I use MS Outlook and had never even seen the Yahoo web bases version of my email account. It turns out that Yahoo was applying something called Spam Guard Plus to my account and apparently Spam Guard Plus thinks that DBSTalk.com is a spammer which of course is ridiculous. All the so called spam was being held in a spam folder at Yahoo and was never getting downloaded to Outlook. So it looks like I can turn off Spam Guard Plus and my problem will be solved.
-Danny

#6 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,190 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:57 PM

Well Chris was right. At the first of the year AT&T’s email became “powered by Yahoo”. I use MS Outlook and had never even seen the Yahoo web bases version of my email account. It turns out that Yahoo was applying something called Spam Guard Plus to my account and apparently Spam Guard Plus thinks that DBSTalk.com is a spammer which of course is ridiculous. All the so called spam was being held in a spam folder at Yahoo and was never getting downloaded to Outlook. So it looks like I can turn off Spam Guard Plus and my problem will be solved.

I know what you mean. I've had the same issue. My ISP has the same sort of spam guard so every so often I have to go into the web based version and make sure there is nothing important in there.

#7 OFFLINE   tivoboy

tivoboy

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:17 PM

Yeah, I have pretty much NEVER gotten alerts. Not sure what the issue is, I get alerts from about 15 others sites,

I have checked my email address a couple times, but haven't tried the turn off turn on thing, which I'll do now.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...