Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Access DVR'd programs w/ suspended account

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bb37

bb37

Godfather

• Registered
  • 287 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:26 PM

Because of an upcoming move and some complications regarding phone/TV/Internet access at the new residence, I am contemplating suspending my DirecTV account for a few months until I can sort out the situation. Assuming that I suspend the account and the DVR is not connected to a satellite dish or a phone line, will I still be able to access the existing recordings that I have saved on the DVR? The DVR is an HR21-700 if that matters.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   curt8403

curt8403

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:33 PM

Because of an upcoming move and some complications regarding phone/TV/Internet access at the new residence, I am contemplating suspending my DirecTV account for a few months until I can sort out the situation. Assuming that I suspend the account and the DVR is not connected to a satellite dish or a phone line, will I still be able to access the existing recordings that I have saved on the DVR? The DVR is an HR21-700 if that matters.

I would think you can, you may have to press exit during startup to get to the list
I am no longer connected with Directv or any other satellite provider

#3 OFFLINE   996911

Go Pack!

• Registered
  • 809 posts
  • LocationTobacco Road, NC

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:41 AM

I was able to on my D* Tivo based box with no problems years later (found an old Tivo box after a move). Hopefully somebody with experience on your specific box can confirm what I was able to do on an older box.

#4 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:01 PM

Also, you MUST disconnect the receiver from the sat feed BEFORE you call to suspend your account. If you don't, DirecTV will send a signal to deactivate the receiver, and nothing will work until it is reactivated.

Having said that, at some point, the current activation will expire, and the box will lock itself down. Usually this takes 2-3 weeks, but there's no way to know where you are in the cycle.

#5 OFFLINE   ycartracy

ycartracy

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

When our dish was blown off the house by Hurricane Ike, we had our account suspended until D* could send a tech out to fix it. During that time, we had no problem accessing shows that were recorded on the DVR.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...