Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

9:57 p.m. Every night freeze

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   laramr

laramr

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:47 PM

North Eastern MD. H20-100. I get about 2-3 seconds of picture and audio drop every night a couple of minutes or so before 10 p.m. It's usually right at a critical closing scene in a show. Annoying. Anyone know why?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,713 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:06 AM

* Do you have other DirecTV Receivers? Do they all have this problem?
* What channel or channels?
* How is the H20 connected to your TV?
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,111 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:33 AM

We'll need alot more info to even have any clue at possibilities...

In addition to Lizdog's questions...

1) Is it the same channel (network) each time, same 2 channels, or more (and which ones)?

2) What kind of display / TV is your receiver connected to?

2) If it's a national network (ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS), have you contacted your local station for the corresponding station broadcasting this event?
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#4 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:37 AM

If you're seeing this every night on the same box (H20-100), I'm assuming that is your primary receiver. My first thought was if you have a DVR that records the same program every night starting at that time, there may be something weird with your wiring where the DVR starting to record/changing channels causes a hiccup on your other box. But if the H20 is your main box, I doubt you've got a DVR running somewhere else.

As the others have mentioned, more information will help in diagnosing your problem. It could conceivably be something as goofy as a not-quite-properly grounded dish and someone gets home at the same time every night and pops the garage door opener. :)

Edited by JLucPicard, 24 January 2009 - 09:57 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:41 AM

North Eastern MD. H20-100. I get about 2-3 seconds of picture and audio drop every night a couple of minutes or so before 10 p.m. It's usually right at a critical closing scene in a show. Annoying. Anyone know why?

The same time every night. :scratchin

That's weird. It almost implies that there is some external influence.

Maybe related to power as if something large goes off or on at that time.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#6 OFFLINE   teebeebee1

teebeebee1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:32 PM

Sometimes when the local affiliates here do their station ID it causes stuttering

Try recording the non HD version of whatever you are watching in case you wanna see who killed JR??

#7 ONLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,400 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:40 PM

There have been rare reports of sporadic RF emmited from military radar during regular scheduled testing, if by chance you live near an active facility.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...