Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

TV Guide Included w/ Certain Dish Network Subscriptions?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Adam Richey

Adam Richey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationKokomo, IN

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

Hey everybody. I was just curious if anybody else receives the TV Guide magazine as part of their Dish Network subscription. I have never signed up or paid for TV Guide as I would just pay for Dish's magazine since it caters more to the extra channels in the line-up. I don't mind receiving it since it doesn't appear on my bill or anything. It just says my name and then "TVG PART OF YOUR DISH TV ORDER" right below it.

Anybody else receiving this?
Anybody else wonder just how horrible WWE's "wrestling" is gonna get?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 654 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:39 PM

not me

#3 OFFLINE   nostalgiaguru

nostalgiaguru

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:29 AM

no, but I like TV Guide. I am receiving a free subscription via Delta Airlines, but I will probably renew when the freebie runs out.

#4 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:14 PM

It may have been through a retailer or sales partner...
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#5 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:03 AM

Nice that you got TV Guide for free. Hope no one in your house likes to watch CW because TV Guide dropped CW programs from it's listings. But they've replaced it with ION. Oh joy!

#6 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,120 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:27 PM

Hey everybody. I was just curious if anybody else receives the TV Guide magazine as part of their Dish Network subscription. I have never signed up or paid for TV Guide as I would just pay for Dish's magazine since it caters more to the extra channels in the line-up. I don't mind receiving it since it doesn't appear on my bill or anything. It just says my name and then "TVG PART OF YOUR DISH TV ORDER" right below it.

Anybody else receiving this?

No. I see they took the TV Guide channel off good! E! has enough junk.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#7 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

No. I see they took the TV Guide channel off good! E! has enough junk.

Funny. Just watched 117 this morning..... :confused:
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#8 OFFLINE   spdmonkey

spdmonkey

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:41 PM

I started getting it several months ago. its not on my bill so....

fyi it says the same thing on mine too.

db
DiSH Customer since June 1996 when Arizona and Michigan residents could buy a system for far less then the rest of the U.S. Oh the good ol days.

#9 OFFLINE   Willh

Willh

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:11 AM

i been getting free TV guides since last summer. and i don't mind, TV guide went to hell when the Internet TV Listings sites launched and the CW and MTV listings being gone from TV Guide might have something to do with the phasing out TV listing in TV Guide Magazine. i got a feeling it is that.
Dish Network Customer since Jan 2007, upgraded to HD on September 2, 2010.

DVRs/Box Sets: Dish VIP DVR 722K (2 of them).

long time Pro-Wrestling and NASCAR fan.

#10 OFFLINE   DarylB69

DarylB69

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:16 PM

I have DirecTv and I've been getting Tv Guide magazine and it also says that its part of my dish tv sub.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...