Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Question About Moving

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jefferz007

Jefferz007

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:23 PM

Hey Everyone,

I am new here and I have a couple questions about moving with your Directv service.

I understand the whole deal about calling them to move, but we are talking about getting another HDTV when we get moved (We currently have one), and I read on the DirecTV website that you are eligible for upgrades, and I was wondering if any of you have dealt with them on this because I would like to get another HD DVR when we move?

Here is what the site says:

"Moving to your new home is a great time to enhance your television experience. You can sample new channels, upgrade your equipment or add additional equipment, or get HD. Make sure to ask your DIRECTV Movers Agent for special promotions, upgrades and more when you call 1-877-616-MOVE."

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mertzen

Mertzen

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:32 PM

Yup, just call and tell them you want to upgrade. they give you a deal based on your account etc.

I've done plenty mover's where people upgrade to HD or DVR.
No longer doing DBS work, but missing every moment of it.

#3 OFFLINE   commodore_dude

commodore_dude

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:41 PM

Yup. I called them a couple of days ago because I'm moving this week, upgraded my SD box to an HD box for free, could have upgraded to an HD DVR for $99...

#4 OFFLINE   Jefferz007

Jefferz007

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:18 PM

Thanks! I will definitely mention it to them then and see what they can do for me.

spam firewall