Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

I lost local OTA guide Info

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   spdmonkey

spdmonkey

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:00 PM

This happened on all 3 of my receivers. A 622 and 2 211's. I did nothing. Just one day it was gone. Customer service said I never should have had it since I don't subscribe to locals. Why should I when I get them in HD free. I am in the Columbus Ohio area. Does anybody have any thoughts?
DiSH Customer since June 1996 when Arizona and Michigan residents could buy a system for far less then the rest of the U.S. Oh the good ol days.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp

Analog Geek in a Digital World

• Super Moderators
  • 10,040 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

You need to sub to lacals to get them. Perhaps it was a mistake that they caught.

#3 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:20 PM

Dish's policy is that if you want their guide data, you need to pay for locals, no matter where you get them from. You can still watch OTA without paying, just no guide data.

spam firewall