Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Caller ID not showing up

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 566 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:06 AM

I just installed a phone line on my HD22. I set notifications to ON. I called my home phone (land line) with my cell phone. The call showed up in the notification area but did not show on the tv screen. I assume that it is supposed to show on the screen isn't it. Am I assuming wrong or did I do something wrong?
Tks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mikep554

mikep554

Legend

• Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

Can you describe what the "notification area" is?
View my setup here

#3 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 566 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:38 AM

That is the area where a call is shown that came in, give the "who", "nr that called", etc.) I just checked and its call the "call log". My cell phone call showed up there but didnt show up realtime on the tv screen.

#4 OFFLINE   tomkarl

tomkarl

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:49 AM

I've found the same thing. It still shows up when you go through the menu, but not on screen during the actual incoming call.

I've thought this to be one of the sort of works features since they added it.

#5 OFFLINE   wallfishman

wallfishman

Icon

• Registered
  • 509 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

just did a job with hd receiver and a d11 . caller id showed up on screen of the hd receiver tv, but not on the tv with the d11. notifications were on and phone test said ok. forced software download , nothing. whats going on ??

#6 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

The CID message should pop up on the screen. Some phone service have problems with it once in a while. If it is still not working I would try doing a menu restart on the receiver and see if that helps. If not please report the issue in the issue for your receiver and what phone service you have.

BTW I am moving this to the "DIRECTV HD DVR" forum.

#7 OFFLINE   Brian Hanasky

Brian Hanasky

Godfather

• Registered
  • 369 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

Just my 2 cents but if your are in any menu, or on a screen saver, when the phone rings the notification will not pop up.

The notification also takes 2 or 3 rings prior to popping up.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: budracin88

#8 OFFLINE   rawilson

rawilson

AllStar

• Registered
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

Ours hasn't worked for a couple of months now too. We've rebooted a few times (to keep the f'ing clock in sync) but still no CID. Nothing has changed as far as our phone service.

#9 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

Sometimes "static electricity buildup" can disable this CallerID Feature as well as your phone itself.
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#10 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 645 posts
  • LocationVirginia beach va

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

Has it worked before? If so, check the CID file where it keeps track of all the calls. It's suppose to clear them, but sometimes it doesn't.

#11 OFFLINE   mjbvideo

mjbvideo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:31 AM

I had this problem on my HR21-100 ever since the last update in December. Restarts, reboots didn't fix it but downloading the software did fix it for me.

#12 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 566 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:47 AM

My phone line was hooked up the day after the DTV install/software download. Would this be the problem maybe?? My present phone service is road runner (TWC) and the Verizon people are supposed to be here today to install their DSL service. If it still doesn't work with the Verizon DSL, how does one go about "re downloading" the software??
Tks

#13 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:59 AM

My phone line was hooked up the day after the DTV install/software download. Would this be the problem maybe?? My present phone service is road runner (TWC) and the Verizon people are supposed to be here today to install their DSL service. If it still doesn't work with the Verizon DSL, how does one go about "re downloading" the software??
Tks

they will need to add a spliter or adapter to that line going to the box- Ask the installer about it.

#14 OFFLINE   colts19

colts19

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

Hi, I know this sounds backwards but you are suppose to have notifications set to off. just change it to off and it will work.

good is the enemy of great

#15 OFFLINE   fjcastro

fjcastro

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:40 AM

Hi, I know this sounds backwards but you are suppose to have notifications set to off. just change it to off and it will work.

In other words, if it says "Turn Notifications Off", it means that the Notifications are currently on. Pretty confusing.

#16 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 566 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:15 PM

ummm. OK will try setting it that way then. Thank you.

#17 OFFLINE   colts19

colts19

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:10 PM

your welcome.

good is the enemy of great

#18 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 566 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:25 PM

colts19 was right. I turned off notifications and the first call that I got, the ID came up (well, not exactly, just the nr). Thanks for the info. Wonder why the caller name doesn't come up though, just the nr??

spam firewall