Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Uplink Activity for the Week of 1-28-9....

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   neljtorres

neljtorres

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:31 AM

Could it be tomorrow more HD?:confused:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:09 PM

so does this mean that the encore's are moving to the above #'s?
Maybe to make room/consolidate for more hd in the 300's.

#23 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 576 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

The Encore moves out of the 300 range to the 200s noted above seem logical, as these channels are part of the AT250 and AEP packages. Encore HD is also provided if you subscribe to an HD packages with AT250 and AEP. While these moves may be making room for new HD (or premium) channels; it does not indicate that new HD (or premium) channels will be operational tomorrow or any time in the near future.

#24 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,214 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:31 PM

I don't expect that these are "moves". I believe they are temporary mirrors which will be provided for a reason yet to be announced.

Biography, History International, Hallmark Movies and Bloomberg have also been mirrored into the 280's/290's. Encore and Starz are also in the 360's/370's. I expect there is a reason for these channels ... best guess is a free preview when the price increase goes into effect. Or perhaps DISH is just tweeking our buttons. :)

#25 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:39 PM

I don't expect that these are "moves". I believe they are temporary mirrors which will be provided for a reason yet to be announced.

Biography, History International, Hallmark Movies and Bloomberg have also been mirrored into the 280's/290's. Encore and Starz are also in the 360's/370's. I expect there is a reason for these channels ... best guess is a free preview when the price increase goes into effect. Or perhaps DISH is just tweeking our buttons. :)

Possibly. But i thought for the last year that the free previews were on their regular channels. I thought they quit putting the free previews in the 280-299 a while back. You would think they stick with one way(but i know this IS dish we are talking about);)

#26 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:15 AM

... Or perhaps DISH is just tweeking our buttons. :)

Better than yanking our chain!:lol:

Debi

Hopper and one Joey
Sony KDL-40W5100 HDTV
Pioneer VSX-41 A/V Receiver
Magnavox DVD Recorder
Sony DVP-NC665P CD/DVD Player

Sony BlueRay Player

#27 OFFLINE   Hamp89

Hamp89

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:21 PM

Uplinked doesn't necessarily mean I'll be getting these in HD does it? I live in the Toledo, OH market, and was wondering how soon you normally see the locals added to the channel lineup once they've been uplinked. Thanks..

#28 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:32 PM

Uplinked doesn't necessarily mean I'll be getting these in HD does it? I live in the Toledo, OH market, and was wondering how soon you normally see the locals added to the channel lineup once they've been uplinked. Thanks..

Finding normalcy in that is sometimes quite difficult.

#29 OFFLINE   Hamp89

Hamp89

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:45 PM

Finding normalcy in that is sometimes quite difficult.

I just noticed today that the HD logo has appeared on the side bar of the daytime programming on my local ABC channel (Toledo). This is happening much fast than I thought it would.

I did however notice that there is still only 1 channel for ABC. Will I eventually receive an HD version along with the standard digital (stretched) version? How does it work for everyone who receives their HD locals currently?

Thanks!

#30 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:04 PM

I just noticed today that the HD logo has appeared on the side bar of the daytime programming on my local ABC channel (Toledo). This is happening much fast than I thought it would.

I did however notice that there is still only 1 channel for ABC. Will I eventually receive an HD version along with the standard digital (stretched) version? How does it work for everyone who receives their HD locals currently?

Thanks!

For me, HD Channels are in the 64xx range, and the SD's are in the 84xx range.
I use OTA as well, so I have them down low as well.

#31 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,214 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:09 PM

There are also local HDs in the 5100's and SD locals run from 7000 through the 9300's.

The high numbers and the map downs have the HD watermark if they are in HD. Since one can only subscribe to their own locals most would find their HD locals grouped together and their SD locals grouped together with Sirius channels between them if their HDs are on the 5100's and they subscribe to Classic Silver 200 or above.

I generally use the mapdowns unless I need to force an overlap recording (for example, recording Heroes which runs 2 minutes long into another recording on NBC).

#32 OFFLINE   jalexand

jalexand

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:30 PM

So I see that some stations for my local area are in the uplink map (Cedar Rapids) but I just went to look to see if I could get the channels and they don't register on my HD receiver. Is that normal?

#33 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:38 PM

So I see that some stations for my local area are in the uplink map (Cedar Rapids) but I just went to look to see if I could get the channels and they don't register on my HD receiver. Is that normal?

It is quite normal if the report for the channel says "UNAVAIL".

#34 OFFLINE   BCMgmt

BCMgmt

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:13 PM

what the heck is this all about? Feel stupid. Thx

spam firewall