Jump to content


Welcome to DBSTalk


Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends
 
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Raising Rates / Charging for online


  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   rudeney

rudeney

    Hall Of Fame

  • Registered
  • 4,266 posts
Joined: May 28, 2007

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:01 AM

I called yesterday for the extension deal. I have lifetime plus four other units that were on various combinations of monthly and quarterly billing. I wanted to drop one of the radios, an old Sirius 1 unit that I don't use much anymore and extend the other three to yearly to lock-in my rates. The call was quick and easy. They gave me prorated credit for the remaining prepaid balances on the three when they converted to annual subscriptions, and I was very surprised when the rep gave me credit for the prorated balance on the one I disconnected, too.


I'm staying on the Sirius bandwagon. Like you, Dolly, my local OTA radio is not very good. I enjoy Sirius for the choices in commercial-free music and being able to listen when I drive out of town.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

    Hall Of Fame

  • Registered
  • 4,203 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire
Joined: Jul 08, 2002

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:54 AM

Now that I've settled down a little, my opinion is that Sirius/XM is not as good (for my tastes) as XM was (especially when Music Lab was on the air) but it's still FAR better than terrestrial.

#43 OFFLINE   IndyMichael

IndyMichael

    Legend/Supporter

  • Gold Members
  • 924 posts
  • LocationIndiana
Joined: Jan 25, 2003

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

The day I log in to listen online and can't, I think I'll call to cancel and see what they say. I listen to xm via DirecTV or my comp about 75% of the time and the remaining 25% in the van.

#44 OFFLINE   WERA689

WERA689

    Hall Of Fame

  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationCanton, GA
Joined: Oct 14, 2006

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:23 AM

Well, I called in last week to cancel 4 of my 5 radios, and see what I could get to keep the the one in my car and online. I was transferred to retention, and ended up getting a deal that allowed me to cancel only one radio, and lock in the the other 4 for one year at a price that was barely above what I had been paying QUARTERLY since 2002!!!!

I agree, terrestrial radio in Atlanta is worse than pathetic, and I hope XM stays around. Meanwhile, I've been checking out Slacker, just in case....
link to my system specs: http://www.dbstalk.c...775#post3155775

My wonderful cat, Kawie, passed away on 11/23/08. He had a remarkable soul, and I miss him deeply. Thank you, my buddy, for sharing your life with me.




Protected By... spam firewall...And...