Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

m.directv.com and ATT problems

frank@rojasnet.com

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:43 PM

I have a Samsung "Rugby" phone with ATT and I'm having problems getting connected to the " m.directv.com" web pages. Whenever I try to do this, I get a message that says " The Requested page can not be displayed". Is this a know problem or something with my particular phone or account setup?

Bob

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:44 PM

Did you remove the http://?

I have to do that with my Blackberry and it works every time.

#3 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

Did you remove the http://?

I have to do that with my Blackberry and it works every time.

Yes tried that and it still wont work. I have a Blackberry through my employer and it's browser works fine in getting to the 'm.directv.com" site. It uses the "ATT HTML Internet Browser" I have a feeling it is related to the browser application that comes with this particular phone. The Samsung come up wiht a screen that says " Powered by Access" and opens an app called Media Net. There are two other chioces besides Media Net tha I can enable, but the phone won't connnect to them.

Bob

Edited by azarby, 29 January 2009 - 02:01 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

I had the same problem with my LG phones on Verizon for a long time. The browser just didn't work with Directv's mobile scheduler site. I solved the problem buy dumping Verizon and getting an iPhone. :)

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#5 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:27 PM

I had the same problem with my LG phones on Verizon for a long time. The browser just didn't work with Directv's mobile scheduler site. I solved the problem buy dumping Verizon and getting an iPhone. :)

I just signed on with ATT about two months ago when I switched from Verizon. Never really played much with the browser on the phone (Samsung A837) except to check weather, stocks, etc. I do like the GPS navigation, but the screen is sort of small for most apps. I may just bite the bullet and pay for a phone with a larger screen, but i really would like to keep the navigation. The Iphone doesn't support the point to point navigation or I would get it in a heart beat. I need to look a the Samsung Infinity to see if the "m.directv.com" would work on it. I guess I need to drop in to the ATT store and have them demo some of the features.

Bob

#6 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

The Iphone doesn't support the point to point navigation or I would get it in a heart beat.

Sure it does. Go to the Google Maps application (built in), tell it where you want to go and it routes you there.

Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#7 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:54 PM

Sure it does. Go to the Google Maps application (built in), tell it where you want to go and it routes you there.

This must be different form the ATT Navigator. Again one of the things they won't tell you about so they can push their own product $$$$$.

Bob

#8 ONLINE   puffnstuff

puffnstuff

Icon

• Registered
  • 746 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

Thats weird . I never had a problem with the voyager or dare .

#9 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

Earlier phones - the enV and my wife's 9800 (the one with the twist-screen).

Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#10 OFFLINE   dcborn61

dcborn61

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:40 PM

Have you tried recently on the Voyager? I used to be able to schedule with my phone, now I get a message that says "Your mobile phone browser does not work on m.direct.com."

I have version V11 of the Voyager software and browser Q05A1-3.8.
HR20-700 ==>6' Monoprice HDMI cable==>Philips 32" LCD 32PF7320A/37

Networked via Buffalo WLI-TX4-G54HP

....and still have DVR80 as main DVR

#11 ONLINE   puffnstuff

puffnstuff

Icon

• Registered
  • 746 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:52 PM

Have you tried recently on the Voyager? I used to be able to schedule with my phone, now I get a message that says "Your mobile phone browser does not work on m.direct.com."

It's my wife's now . I'll check when I she get's home.

#12 ONLINE   puffnstuff

puffnstuff

Icon

• Registered
  • 746 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:07 PM

Just tried it and it worked fine same firmware and browser .

#13 OFFLINE   Tom Servo

Tom Servo

Icon

• Registered
  • 945 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:34 AM

I have problems with the mobile site with an unbranded Sony Ericsson w810i, on ATT prepay. For some reason the secure page that loads after you press the "continue" button doesn't work. The phone's built in browser DOES support SSL so I dunno what the problem is.

Being unlocked/unbranded, I am bypassing the ugly and annoying ATT proxy that compresses images.

The solution? Download the free Opera Mini browser. First of all, it is a great browsing experience for people whose phones only support WML/mobile HTML sites like mine, and it works fine with the m.directv.com DVR scheduler.

(You can also download Mini by pointing your phone's browser to mini.opera.com.)

spam firewall