Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD channels launched today 1/30/09 (local markets)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

dangit racer...my heart always skips a bit when I see Columbia-Jefferson City MO and their new locals...

I'm patiently waiting until you say "Columbia, SC locals"

But, by the time Cola locals get here...I bet I'll be moving to my internship site :(...hopefully THEY'LL have their locals in HD ;)

Columbia, SC is on for 2009 (subject to change of course, but hang in there, it's on the list.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   jamieh1

jamieh1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:18 PM

Back on Jan 7th Directv added NBC, CBS, FOX in HD to the Greenville NC market. Alot of people were upset that ABC was missing. Well those people are now very happy that WCTI ABC was added this morning.

#23 OFFLINE   brbowen

brbowen

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:41 PM

I'm in the Augusta, GA market, and NBC (WAGT) still looks like standard def to me....Leno is supposed to be in high def, but it doesn't appear to be. Anyone else in the market can confirm?

#24 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:42 PM

I'm in the Augusta, GA market, and NBC (WAGT) still looks like standard def to me....Leno is supposed to be in high def, but it doesn't appear to be. Anyone else in the market can confirm?

Are you sure you are on the HD stations?

If you have a favorites list you might have to go in and add them.
-Grentz
Subscriber since Oct. 1996
HR21-700, HR22-100, H24-100 (SWM)
~Detailed Setup~

Directv Signal Strength Posting Tool - Excel Ver. Web Ver.

#25 OFFLINE   brbowen

brbowen

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:46 PM

Don't use a favorites list....but this NBC channel has had the two listing since we got our high def channels back in September. But they have always been standard def on both. That still appears to be the case. I click on both channels for 26 and they look exactly the same as always...does that make sense?

#26 OFFLINE   Jestr40

Jestr40

Godfather

• Registered
  • 290 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:41 AM

Don't use a favorites list....but this NBC channel has had the two listing since we got our high def channels back in September. But they have always been standard def on both. That still appears to be the case. I click on both channels for 26 and they look exactly the same as always...does that make sense?

On my receiver there is now only one channel 26. It has "side bars" like an HD station but is definitely 480i. I made sure I had ALL CHANNELS selected on my favorites and did a reset on the box.

#27 OFFLINE   brbowen

brbowen

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:08 AM

Hi Jestr....that matches what i'm seeing, except i still have the two listings for channel 26. WAGT (NBC) does NOT appear to be in high def, regardless of what is being said...

#28 OFFLINE   daveshouse

daveshouse

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:56 AM

Is Lexington, KY still the largest viewing area without HD locals? My brother lives there and is starting to get frustrated.
Dave

DirecTV HR21-700 to Panasonic TH-50PX60U
DirecTV HR22-100 to JVC LT-37E488
AVR: Onkyo TX-SR605
PS3 60gb (wildcatfandave)
Blu-Ray: LG BD-390
DVD: Oppo DV-981HD

Go Big Blue!

#29 OFFLINE   RDH416

RDH416

Legend

• Registered
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:46 PM

Is Lexington, KY still the largest viewing area without HD locals? My brother lives there and is starting to get frustrated.

Based on messages in other threads in dbstalk and in conversations with local tv officials here, it does appear that, barring delays, it could be possible that Lexington may be getting HD locals on D* as soon as the second quarter '09. (Will believe it when I see them.)

#30 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,904 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:38 AM

I believe we've gotten past discussion of the markets that opened up on 1/30. Please continue discussion in the "More HD in 2009" thread.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...