Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

were all your NBC FRO shows really repeats this week?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   newsposter

newsposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:50 AM

I thought I had a lot to catch up on this weekend but at least 5 of my NBC shows were repeats this week but the HR20 said it was first run. I've had the occasional mix up in the past, no big deal. But with all these shows at once in the same week, i thought it bizarre.

I had to move NBC passes from the HDtivo to the HR20 a few weeks ago due to OTA issues, but i assume the guide data is the same for HDtivo hr20 and it would have happened on hdtivo too?
57 inch Hitachi 57F710S
Tivo Premiere
Panasonic E80 Dvd recorder
HR10-250 63 hrs w/DB8 antenna (parts :))
1/2 full Sony T60 (historical value)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,489 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

I had no issues with NBC shows this week. Wonder if it is a local station issue?
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#3 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:25 AM

I had no issues with NBC shows this week. Wonder if it is a local station issue?

The local stations aren't THAT involved with the guide data for network programming.

And FWIW, I haven't had this problem either.

#4 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,457 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:38 AM

I gave newsposter this answer on another forum, but I'll repeat it here for the benefit of others...

When you set up a new Series Link on an HR2x DVR, it will record the next episode of that show -- even if you set the SL for "first run only" and the next episode is a rerun.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#5 OFFLINE   murry27409

murry27409

Godfather

• Registered
  • 320 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:55 PM

I did experience something similar. Of all the NBC shows, only ER was set to record, and was recording, when I checked in on it and noticed the 1st run date (11/28 i think). This mix-up hasn't happened in a very long time. Aside from that, no other changes in SL recording behavior.
HR20-100
HR22-100

spam firewall