Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Status of MSG HD?

• Please log in to reply
1757 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:00 AM

Any guess if the Dolans will ever let DirecTV get MSG HD again?

Really stinks not being able to get this channel any more. I really miss the Sabres nd Rangers games in HD.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cnmurray8

cnmurray8

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:12 AM

I was wondering why the last couple of Devils games I watched the HD feed was blacked out. The strange thing is the other day I recorded the replay at midnight and the HD feed was on.

#3 OFFLINE   raoul5788

raoul5788

• Registered
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:20 AM

Any guess if the Dolans will ever let DirecTV get MSG HD again?

Really stinks not being able to get this channel any more. I really miss the Sabres nd Rangers games in HD.

I assume you mean for out of market/CI games since it is still on in the NY/CT dma.

#4 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:26 AM

MSG HD and MSG+ HD are doing just fine on DirecTV for those whom this is their RSN. The Dolan's have a contract dispute with the NHL and are withholding their HD feeds from Center Ice. It's an issue on all providers that carry Center Ice, not just DirecTV. But for those who get MSG as their RSN are unaffected.

#5 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,459 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:28 AM

MSG HD and MSG+ HD are doing just fine on DirecTV for those whom this is their RSN. The Dolan's have a contract dispute with the NHL and are withholding their HD feeds from Center Ice. It's an issue on all providers that carry Center Ice, not just DirecTV. But for those who get MSG as their RSN are unaffected.

The strange thing about the whole issue is, the dispute is between the Rangers and the NHL, but we can get the SD games, but not the HD ones. Usually it is all or nothing, not one of two.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

#6 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

I can't wait for this to be settled. I know that this issue is between the NHL and MSG, but I'm wondering if FiOS adding NHL CI has anything to do with this. Just a theory, but I think that Dolan probably sees FiOS as a big threat to Cablevision in the NYC area. He has refused to allow FiOS to carry any of the MSG HD RSN’s.

Now that FiOS added NHL CI this season, it’s probably hard to justify allowing other providers to carry MSG HD games on NHL CI, but not FiOS. So rather then give in to FiOS, they pulled it from all providers. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that D* and Time Warner are still allowed to carry MSG HD as local RSN's.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#7 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:07 PM

The only thing that doesn't make sense is that D* and Time Warner are still allowed to carry MSG HD as local RSN's.

Previously signed contract. If they just pulled the channel lawsuits would abound. Perhaps their contract for HD with the NHL has run out or something. Or figures the NHL won't bother suing but companies like DirecTV (w/ Liberty) and Time Warner have a lot deeper pockets and would certainly sue.

#8 OFFLINE   ampman337

ampman337

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

Previously signed contract. If they just pulled the channel lawsuits would abound. Perhaps their contract for HD with the NHL has run out or something. Or figures the NHL won't bother suing but companies like DirecTV (w/ Liberty) and Time Warner have a lot deeper pockets and would certainly sue.

Time Warner is the least of Cablevisions worry's. They are not in direct competition with them, here in New York they give them all their channels.
It's Directv and Verizon Fios they want to screw over.
They are a true monopoly owning the system, the team and the channels.
They need to be broken up.
(Thanks for letting me vent!):mad:

#9 OFFLINE   RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv

Icon

• Registered
  • 634 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:13 AM

I can't believe that it's 2009, when everything should be in HD by now, and I'm going to have to watch Adam Graves night in SD!

SMK

#10 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:55 AM

I think we all hope the NHL and MSG issue is ironed out out very soon! I emailed both last week asking that the issues to be resolved soon for the benefit of their fans. May not help at all, but it's all I can do.

Hopefully. if there is any news, Satelliteracer will alert us.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#11 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 660 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:37 PM

I notice in the guide for Friday night there are two HD feeds listed for Devils at Thrashers in the CI channels. I have noticed that there haven't been HD feeds listed in the CI channels for MSG games while this MSG HD nonsense has been going on so hopefully this is a good sign.

#12 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:17 PM

I notice in the guide for Friday night there are two HD feeds listed for Devils at Thrashers in the CI channels. I have noticed that there haven't been HD feeds listed in the CI channels for MSG games while this MSG HD nonsense has been going on so hopefully this is a good sign.

I checked the D* schedule online for 2/6 and it shows that game in HD. On 2/7, it shows the Islanders and the Devils feed in HD as well. Link: DirecTV NHL Schedule

Lets hope the dispute is over!
HR34-700, HR22-100

#13 OFFLINE   Googer

Googer

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:18 PM

This is indeed a very good sign; let's hope it's accurate and holds! :)

#14 OFFLINE   BruinsHockey08

BruinsHockey08

Legend

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:12 PM

I checked the D* schedule online for 2/6 and it shows that game in HD. On 2/7, it shows the Islanders and the Devils feed in HD as well. Link: DirecTV NHL Schedule

Lets hope the dispute is over!

Still no Rangers or Sabres feeds in HD, the only teams worth watching. I hope this is settled soon, I actually look forward to having the option to watching the Rangers and Sabres, especially on Friday nights when no other games are that good

#15 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:27 PM

Still no Rangers or Sabres feeds in HD, the only teams worth watching. I hope this is settled soon, I actually look forward to having the option to watching the Rangers and Sabres, especially on Friday nights when no other games are that good

I'm hoping that we will get all the MSG HD feeds after 2/6. That is the first date that the guide shows any HD feed from MSG on NHL CI. As of today, there are no Rangers or Sabres home game on MSG that list any NHL CI channels after 2/6. So lets hope when they start adding the channels for 2/9 and beyond, the Rangers and Sabres games on NHL CI will show the MSG HD feed.

Edited by RACJ2, 02 February 2009 - 04:37 PM.

HR34-700, HR22-100

#16 OFFLINE   islesfan

islesfan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,643 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:03 AM

Wow, I was wondering what had happened to the last couple of Isles games. I haven't seen the Isles in HD since before the All-Star break. That's the problem with having the owner of one team being the media outlet for three. I hate the Dolans and I always will!

Sony Bravia 55"
HR20-700
HR21-700
HDMI
HP Touchsmart IQ 846 (Windows 8) for DirecTV2PC and Media Share

GenieGO

iPhone 4S

iPad

#17 OFFLINE   webhype

webhype

AllStar

• Registered
  • 82 posts
  • LocationRaleigh/Durham, NC

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:14 AM

I received the canned reply from the NHL regarding this issue that others have. Frankly it is an indicator of what a Mickey Mouse league the NHL is that they can't handle an issue like this. Besides my team being the worst in the league this year and finding out after I bought the CI package that the HNIC feed is on the NHL Network for free I definately won't be renewing the CI package next season. I'll do what I did last season, order the RSN package and DVR the repeat showing of the games (avoiding the score of the game), this way I'll have the flexibility of adding and removing the package when I want.:mad:

#18 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 660 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

Are replays of games on MSG HD available to Sports Pack subscribers (and are they in HD, I know they weren't earlier this season)?

#19 OFFLINE   dodge boy

dodge boy

R.I.P. Chris Henry

• Banned User
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:55 PM

Any new HD for tomorrow? It's wed...
My equipment:
1 HR22-100 leased
1 HR22-100 owned
1 HR23-700 owned
1 R22-100 owned
1 R22-200 owned

Slimline III with a 4X8 multiswitch and an SWM8
18" round dish with a 4X8 switch on the garage

#20 OFFLINE   Deric

Deric

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:02 PM

Are replays of games on MSG HD available to Sports Pack subscribers (and are they in HD, I know they weren't earlier this season)?

This is a good question. Since a few days ago when I noticed this problem with MSGHD not showing the Rangers games (in HD) I have been recording the replay either late at night or the next morning and it has been working for me. I also have the HD package and the sports package too so I don't know if these would be needed.

spam firewall