Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Charged for Returned Equipment! Haha

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Morphx2

Morphx2

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:38 PM

DirecTV sent me a box to send my things back to the wrong address, so I had to get that fixed.

Then they said I sent the equipment back late; the 29th. They charged me on the 28th. So I call to ask about it and said that I will get a refund in 6-8 weeks!! and it can only be a check! I said I dont want a check, I want it on my card and why I have to wait 6-8 weeks. So they said they changed it to credit card and I will still have to wait.

That didn't fly with me.

So I checked my FedEX tracking..wow, it arrived on the 23rd!! So I called DirecTV again this morning saying it was delivered on the 23rd, i was wrongly charged, and i want the credit back on my card and not wait 6-8 weeks. She said she didnt understand my problem. So I said it again and also said if you do not, my credit card company will call and get it. She says I have to wait 6-8 and a check (wow, it was supposed to be credit card like it was changed before!)

So I stopped talking to her after she wouldnt transfer me to a supervisor (and she STILL didnt understand my problem) and filed a dispute with my credit card. DirecTV should just give me a refund since I was wrongly charged...oh well! Hope they enjoy the call.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:44 PM

I think they were giving you a refund, after 6-8wks of processing.

I agree that it was too long, but a CS person cannot necessarily do anything if that is how it is setup to be done.
-Grentz
Subscriber since Oct. 1996
HR21-700, HR22-100, H24-100 (SWM)
~Detailed Setup~

Directv Signal Strength Posting Tool - Excel Ver. Web Ver.

#3 OFFLINE   Morphx2

Morphx2

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:49 PM

Yeah, the problem is not the refund. It is how long it will take and they refuse to give it back to me on my credit card..plus they wrongly charged me and I should not have to wait because of their mistake. At least I get the credit back from the card company in 2 days and then they go fight.

#4 OFFLINE   tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1

Legend

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:57 PM

I'm pretty sure that the contract with the credit card companies requires refunds for something that's been charged to be refunded through the card. Any other form of payment is prohibited. But of course D* not knowing or following that doesn't help you a bit.

#5 OFFLINE   richiephx

richiephx

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:07 PM

Disputing the charge will get their attention fast...and cause them a lot of work too :lol:
TNT: WE KNOW INTERRUPTIONS
TBS: TURNER BROADCASTING SUCKS
NBC: NATIONAL BOREDCASTING COMPANY

#6 OFFLINE   xIsamuTM

xIsamuTM

Icon

• Registered
  • 567 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:08 PM

that or maybe it's cheaper to cut a check from their banks then to have to pay the CC vendors to push funds back to the card??

Either way, still sucks that it happened dude. So like, the charges hit the account, the account gets autopaid before it could be credited back, er somthing?
Maybe looking on the bright side that you don't have to pay a bill for xx months and just leave it as a credit to you DTV account?
Here I am! Rock you like a Hadoken!!

#7 OFFLINE   Morphx2

Morphx2

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:19 PM

They said they got the returned equipment on the 29th...and they charged me on the 28th. Kinda fishy.

I am just happy I cancelled. I was supposed to pay a $360 cancellation fee, but they messed up a customer service retention offer they gave me; so I only ended up paying around $136 :)

I wanted to cancel, so I called them up to cancel. Next day I got a call saying they will give me a big credit if I stayed. So I said ok. Then a few days later I really decided I didn't want the service anymore; so I called again and they told me that my credit would be gone since it was for retentions. So I said sure. Then my wife wanted to finish out the month until we moved. So I called again and they put back my account, but without the retention credit. So I asked for it to be put back on; so they did it. But I guess this time they didn't put in the credit the same way because they never took it away when I cancelled. So all that credit was part of my cancellation fee :)

Oh well, we didn't really watch that much tv anyway; so it saves us $ in the end. Now we just watch streaming tv shows/news/other things and use netflix.

#8 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:21 PM

I wouldn't be too surprised if that credit gets reversed.

#9 OFFLINE   Morphx2

Morphx2

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:23 PM

Eh, we'll see. I cancelled Dec 26th

#10 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:27 PM

So I called again and they put back my account, but without the retention credit. So I asked for it to be put back on; so they did it. But I guess this time they didn't put in the credit the same way because they never took it away when I cancelled. So all that credit was part of my cancellation fee :)

So I guess because you are the "better" person after spouting off about their refund procedure in your first post, that you are going to call Directv and have the inappropriate credit removed, right?:)

#11 OFFLINE   dodge boy

dodge boy

R.I.P. Chris Henry

• Banned User
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:35 PM

That's why I do not have an active card listed on my account..... When my original card expired I never put a new one on. You might be able to call the credit card and dispute the charge through them, or possible see if D* can be charged with putting a fraudulent and unauthorized charge on your card.
My equipment:
1 HR22-100 leased
1 HR22-100 owned
1 HR23-700 owned
1 R22-100 owned
1 R22-200 owned

Slimline III with a 4X8 multiswitch and an SWM8
18" round dish with a 4X8 switch on the garage

#12 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

That's why I do not have an active card listed on my account..... When my original card expired I never put a new one on. You might be able to call the credit card and dispute the charge through them, or possible see if D* can be charged with putting a fraudulent and unauthorized charge on your card.

(e) Payment Upon Cancellation. You acknowledge that you have provided your credit or debit card account information to us. You understand that you will incur fees and charges as a result of your receipt and use of Service and/or Receiving Equipment, and may incur early cancellation fees and/or equipment non-return fees (as specified in any lease, programming or other service agreement you entered into in connection with obtaining Receiving Equipment). By giving us your credit or debit card account information, you authorize us to apply this method of payment, in accordance with applicable law, to satisfy any and all amounts due upon cancellation. You further acknowledge that you are required to maintain current credit or debit card information with us and agree to notify us whenever there is a change in such information, such as a change in the card number or the expiration date.

This charge was not unauthorized or fraudulent. If you think it's shady check Fed Ex's page with the tracking number of your package.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...