Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RAYS eliminate OTA games for 09

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GlennDio

GlennDio

Icon

• Registered
  • 582 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:29 PM

This artcle was in the St pete times today ... good news for not only EI customers outside of Tampa but for those of us in Tampa D* does not carry ION 66 in HD so you had to go OTA to watch Rays games in HD on 66..

here's the link:

http://blogs.tampaba...games-head.html

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   b00stedeg

b00stedeg

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

This is good news indeed, I hated having to fiddle with my antenna trying to get those ion hd games in

#3 OFFLINE   davidatl14

davidatl14

Icon

• Registered
  • 546 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

Great news for the "Out of Market" EI Subs.

Could be disappointing for a few patrons in the Orlando, St.Pete, Tampa Bay regions but by and large Good news.
May The Best of Your Past be the Worst of Your Future!

#4 OFFLINE   GlennDio

GlennDio

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 582 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:11 PM

Could be disappointing for a few patrons in the Orlando, St.Pete, Tampa Bay regions but by and large Good news.

no I don't think so ...my guess is that at least as many Rays games as last season will be on they just all will be on FSN Florida .... The Marlins will move mostly to Sun sports is my guess if not entirely there....

#5 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,162 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:43 AM

i hope this means for those of us in central florida, there will be more games on either fs florida or sun sports instead of those games on the local ion channel. i find that very annoyning!

#6 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:19 PM

Not disappointing at all for those of us in Tampa Bay (unless you are someone who only gets TV OTA). The ION-HD games required an antenna to get, and the quality was mediocre due to lots of multicasting.

Now, hopefully, they will beef up their fairly anemic HD schedule.

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#7 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:21 PM

i hope this means for those of us in central florida, there will be more games on either fs florida or sun sports instead of those games on the local ion channel. i find that very annoyning!

That is apparently what it means -- they are dropping their OTA affiliate network.

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#8 OFFLINE   1980ws

1980ws

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts
  • LocationLongwood, Florida

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:09 PM

Sounds great. ION was crappy picture-wise. Truly horrendous when I had cable. I'm thrilled they will be on FSN/Sun.

spam firewall