Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

UHF Pro go on fritz?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   slowmo

slowmo

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:50 AM

Anyone else had a sudden loss of the UHF-remote capability between their 622/722 and the TV2 UHF Pro remote?

At a 2nd home, we have a 6-month old 722 that feeds two LCD's with the distant LCD connected by component / cat5e. The 722 is set to single / shared mode; thus, we use the TV2 UHF Pro remote at the distant LCD location. It's a very small home and we have outstanding UHF reception from the distant LCD location to the 722. This setup has been working flawlessly and we're there almost every weekend.

On Friday, we arrived and I turned on the distant LCD and powered up the 722 with the UHF Pro. I then hit the Guide button to bring up the guide but then lost all ability to control the 722 with that remote.

I put in fresh batteries, I rebooted the system several times, I confirmed that the box was still in Single / Shared, and I even tried the UHF Pro when standing 2 feet from the 722. No luck. Either the UHF Pro has gone bad or the 722's input has gone bad. Meanwhile, the IR TV1 remote worked fine.

Next weekend, I'll take another UHF Pro up there but I wanted to see if anyone had similar problems recently that might be more indicative of 722 hardware or software issues. The 722 had already updated for ver. 6.16 several weeks ago and I know that the UHF Pro was working after that last update.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   kucharsk

kucharsk

Godfather

• Registered
  • 470 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:25 AM

I can almost guarantee you that the problem is that someone else in your area either has installed a DISH network box or there is a new signal interfering with your reception.

Do the obvious thing and double check that your UHF antenna is connected properly, then try changing your UHF remote's frequency to a different address.

You might also want to double check that your band A/B select switch in the battery compartment is still set to what the 722 is expecting.

#3 OFFLINE   slowmo

slowmo

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:18 AM

I can almost guarantee you that the problem is that someone else in your area either has installed a DISH network box or there is a new signal interfering with your reception.

Do the obvious thing and double check that your UHF antenna is connected properly, then try changing your UHF remote's frequency to a different address.

You might also want to double check that your band A/B select switch in the battery compartment is still set to what the 722 is expecting.

I already checked that. Reconnected antenna, confirmed the remote address displayed on the remote (via blinking SAT) with that displayed by System Info, confirmed A setting, attempted to change from A to B and then change remote address.

Again, the 722 initially responded by powering on and then pulling up Guide but then all control ceased from that remote - even with change to fresh batteries.

#4 OFFLINE   kucharsk

kucharsk

Godfather

• Registered
  • 470 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:11 AM

Then it's possible something just died - it happens, unfortunately.

No idea as to whether it's your remote or 722, but it's probably easier to have DISH send you a new remote first.

#5 OFFLINE   slowmo

slowmo

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:15 AM

I took another 6.3 remote there this weekend and it worked fine - even using the same remote address originally set for the original 6.3 remote.

#6 OFFLINE   lukin4u

lukin4u

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:52 PM

i am having sort of the same problem.

tv 2 remotes works sometime @ odd angles
and only abot 20% of the time

very frustrating

new vip 722
remote is in bedroom and only abot 45 ft from receiver going through one wall

i started to have problems with 622 before i got rid of it also

another thing that happens, when i press any button
the info menu will popup instead of what i pressed ??

#7 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:59 PM

If the receiver is in Single mode so that "TV2" would respond to both UHF Pro in the bedroom AND to IR at the receiver, I'd ask if you had any IR repeater / blaster in use in the room where the receiver is. The Info popup has often been the result of stray IR with the code for Info being something like a single burst in a long string of zero bits (something along those lines).

As long as it is Dual mode so only UHF Pro is involved for TV2, get to Sys Info from Menu-Menu, take off the battery cover and flip that switch from A to B, then hit Record and make sure the display changes to B range for TV2. You'll just be using a different frequency from the remote to receiver, but it is also good for added distance. May not make any difference, but worth a shot. If it helps things, try the common things for extending remote range - put the remote antenna at the end of a length of coax and barrel connector.

#8 OFFLINE   lukin4u

lukin4u

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:52 AM

If the receiver is in Single mode so that "TV2" would respond to both UHF Pro in the bedroom AND to IR at the receiver, I'd ask if you had any IR repeater / blaster in use in the room where the receiver is. The Info popup has often been the result of stray IR with the code for Info being something like a single burst in a long string of zero bits (something along those lines).

As long as it is Dual mode so only UHF Pro is involved for TV2, get to Sys Info from Menu-Menu, take off the battery cover and flip that switch from A to B, then hit Record and make sure the display changes to B range for TV2. You'll just be using a different frequency from the remote to receiver, but it is also good for added distance. May not make any difference, but worth a shot. If it helps things, try the common things for extending remote range - put the remote antenna at the end of a length of coax and barrel connector.

changing from a to b worked!!

thx

Protected By... spam firewall...And...