Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Trying to DVR "Big Love" on HBO

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   muttly63

muttly63

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:52 AM

I have been trying to DVR this HBO show ever since it started it's new season. The show plays fine live, but whenever I try to watch a recorded show on my DVR the dialog is garbled. I know HBO is big on copy protection, but I have friends with both Comcast and Direct TV who have no issues with putting this show on their DVRs. Is this something exclusive to Dish?

This is the only channel I've had issues with and I'm just wondering what is going on.

I have a Vip722.

Thank you.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:58 AM

I'd have to say "no" because my 612s have no trouble recording Big Love every Sunday night (so far).

#3 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

No problems DVRing that show with my 722
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

#4 OFFLINE   ZBoomer

ZBoomer

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:46 PM

Are you having problems recording the show, or just problems with closed captions?

There is a big CC discussion in the VIP722 forum, check it out. Basically most folks have CC problems on HBO right now.
Hopper 2000, 2x Joey 1.0 Dish Receivers, "America's Everything pack" with PlatHD
Pioneer Kuro PDP-6010FD 60" Plasma Display on Hopper (me), Samsung 40" LCD on Joey #1 (wife), Dell ST2410 HD Monitor on Joey #2 (office.)
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K AVR Receiver, PS3, Klipsch Reference-Series Speakers

#5 OFFLINE   bobr

bobr

Cool Member/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:20 PM

No problem recording Big Love on my 622

#6 OFFLINE   smendira

smendira

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:44 PM

I had a similar problem with my 622 a little while back with HBO (John Adams) and Showtime (The Tudors) shows. However, it was only during the Sunday night 8-11 time block, and only when recording HD. If I recorded any of the replays thoughout the week, everything worked fine. Since then, however, I've had no problems.

spam firewall