Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Question about Upgrading Leased Equipment

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ohioankev

Ohioankev

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:15 AM

Okay when I called Dish Network and upgraded my DishPlayer 625 to a Vip622 (the free upgrade) the woman on the other line said that they would send a box out for me to ship my receiver back. Today I went to pay my bill online and I seen an advertisement on the website featuring the Vip722 with a free DVR upgrade and when I called the 800# to ask why I was only offered a Vip622 free, the woman basically told me the advertisement on the website was a lie(or misleading), and that it was only the Vip622 offered free (which i have no problem with a 622, it'll do what I want and is better than a 625 on paper) After going through the routin the woman on the line went on to say since my equipment is leased that the installer would take my leased equipment and I wouldn't need to ship it back and that it would be noted on the work order.

So which person is right ? Do I ship it back to Dish Network or does the installer take it ? Any installers on the board or customers who have done this know ? I'd really hate to be charged $400+ for a receiver that I had for four years and completed my original lease term on (18 month agreement)

I'm glad I called, I had originally canceled the original work order because I didn't know if i wanted to pay full price for the 722 (didn't even know it was offered for $125 by the CSR who signed me up for the HD upgrade) or if I wanted to take the free 622 but after weighing the pros and cons and the fact that my plumbing is shot and I need the $125 to fix the problem so I called Dish Network and a "helpful" CSR helped me get back into the system for an installation date. Well apparently the CSR who helped me get back into the system didn't help me and I didn't even have an upgrade scheduled. So now the earliest date for install is Feb. 16th... which isn't bad, gives me time to catch up on the DVR backlog.

Edited by Ohioankev, 03 February 2009 - 07:25 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Islandguy43

Islandguy43

Legend

• Registered
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:45 AM

Okay when I called Dish Network and upgraded my DishPlayer 625 to a Vip622 (the free upgrade) the woman on the other line said that they would send a box out for me to ship my receiver back. Today I went to pay my bill online and I seen an advertisement on the website featuring the Vip722 with a free DVR upgrade and when I called the 800# to ask why I was only offered a Vip622 free, the woman basically told me the advertisement on the website was a lie(or misleading), and that it was only the Vip622 offered free (which i have no problem with a 622, it'll do what I want and is better than a 625 on paper) After going through the routin the woman on the line went on to say since my equipment is leased that the installer would take my leased equipment and I wouldn't need to ship it back and that it would be noted on the work order.

So which person is right ? Do I ship it back to Dish Network or does the installer take it ? Any installers on the board or customers who have done this know ? I'd really hate to be charged $400+ for a receiver that I had for four years and completed my original lease term on (18 month agreement)

I'm glad I called, I had originally canceled the original work order because I didn't know if i wanted to pay full price for the 722 (didn't even know it was offered for $125 by the CSR who signed me up for the HD upgrade) or if I wanted to take the free 622 but after weighing the pros and cons and the fact that my plumbing is shot and I need the $125 to fix the problem so I called Dish Network and a "helpful" CSR helped me get back into the system for an installation date. Well apparently the CSR who helped me get back into the system didn't help me and I didn't even have an upgrade scheduled. So now the earliest date for install is Feb. 16th... which isn't bad, gives me time to catch up on the DVR backlog.

The installer will most likely take the old reciever back, unless E* ships you a postage paid label and box for returning it.
Just give me the Sabres and Yankees in HD.

#3 OFFLINE   chainblu

chainblu

Legend

• Registered
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:11 AM

That's correct. There will be a note on the installer's work order to take the old receiver with him.

Edited by chainblu, 03 February 2009 - 09:12 AM.
sp

#4 OFFLINE   Ohioankev

Ohioankev

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:21 PM

Thanks, like i said I got conflicting information from two different CSRs and currently like most people my money is tight at the moment.

#5 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:29 PM

The CSR is also correct in that Dish has an upgrade offer for the HD-DVR, but it's to a 622, even though the ad has a picture of a 722. You have to pay an extra $50 to upgrade to the 722.

#6 OFFLINE   scoobyxj

scoobyxj

Godfather

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:03 PM

The CSR is also correct in that Dish has an upgrade offer for the HD-DVR, but it's to a 622, even though the ad has a picture of a 722. You have to pay an extra $50 to upgrade to the 722.

Don't count out a 722 just yet. More than likely the tech that comes out will only have 722's on his truck. I haven't seen a 622 in almost a year. Our warehouse doesn't even have them. As far as shipping back the original rec. The only time I see that is when I've been sent out to set up a E* mailed rec that the customer couldn't set up themselves, and ended up having to replace the mailed rec. Even then I take the mailed rec, and the cust ships back the original rec that they where swapping from.

#7 OFFLINE   village idiot

village idiot

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

Don't count out a 722 just yet. More than likely the tech that comes out will only have 722's on his truck. I haven't seen a 622 in almost a year. Our warehouse doesn't even have them. As far as shipping back the original rec. The only time I see that is when I've been sent out to set up a E* mailed rec that the customer couldn't set up themselves, and ended up having to replace the mailed rec. Even then I take the mailed rec, and the cust ships back the original rec that they where swapping from.

When I signed up as a new customer last month, the CSR said a 622 wasn't an option. Either a 612 or pay $50 to upgrade to a 722.

#8 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 607 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

Interesting, I wonder of we 622 owners will get a similar upgrade option when the 922 comes out.

spam firewall