Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

To all the people that want Game Mix with MLB EI

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:49 PM

I want the Game Mix with the MLB EI and I have seen posts of other people who also like it. I sent an email to D* yesterday and today my reply came that my request would be sent to D*'s Management. Perhaps the door is not yet totally shut on the Game Mix? (NOTE: The Strike
Zone is definitely gone). But the Channel that shows the games on one screen and lets you click on the game you want to watch when you want to watch it or you can watch all the available games at one time on this Channel may still be a possibility. I hope all of you that like this Game Mix feature will contact D* and let them know you would still like to have this feature. Since she said my request would go to D*'s Management she made it sound to me that it's D*'s decision to make and that the MLB isn't making it for them. However, I guess if anyone knows how to get in touch with the MLB it wouldn't hurt to let them know you want the Game Mix also. I personally don't know how to contact the MLB myself or I would contact them.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   davidatl14

davidatl14

Icon

• Registered
  • 543 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:26 AM

I like the Game Mix Channel and will miss it if gone.

That being said hopefully TPTB at MLB will let D continue this offering.

Totally their(MLB) call.
May The Best of Your Past be the Worst of Your Future!

#3 OFFLINE   BarryS14

BarryS14

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:41 AM

I love the MLB Game Mix channel. I wish it would be in HD like the NFL Sunday Ticket Game Mix. But I'm still up in the air about renewing Extra Innings ever since the MLB network came on the air. The Game Mix channel is the determining factor. If they keep it on EI, then I'm keeping extra innings. If not, then I'm dropping EI and watch the MLB network for the in game live feeds.

#4 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,663 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:55 AM

Wait a second, are you saying the Strike Zone channel is gone? When did this happen?

#5 OFFLINE   dbsdave

dbsdave

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:05 AM

Wait a second, are you saying the Strike Zone channel is gone? When did this happen?

Strike zone is the channel where there is a narrator who takes you to various games live fullscreen. Game mix is the channel where there are several PIP games with current scores that you can autotune to by using the cursor. As far as I know, strike zone will still be a feature.

#6 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,663 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

Strike zone is the channel where there is a narrator who takes you to various games live fullscreen. Game mix is the channel where there are several PIP games with current scores that you can autotune to by using the cursor. As far as I know, strike zone will still be a feature.

Yes I know that, but the OP said:

(NOTE: The Strike Zone is definitely gone).

#7 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,515 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

Actually, I'll be interested to see if the Strike Zone channel is still around, given that the MLB Network (in which DirecTV has an ownership stake) will be doing a daily show featuring live look-ins on coverage from around the league.

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#8 OFFLINE   davidatl14

davidatl14

Icon

• Registered
  • 543 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:48 AM

The SZC has indeed been taken out of the package.

SatRacer confirmed this in this forum.

MLB owns the rights to that particular facet and have already let DirecTV know that it will not be available anymore. I suppose all the live look ins will now be solely with the MLB Channel.

As for the Game Mix, satracer has told us that the TPTB at MLB haven't reached a final verdict as of yet.

Just reading between the lines I think the current impression is that Game Mix will be gone also.

Back to the original point though Strike Zone Channel will not be part of the MLB EI package this year.:(
May The Best of Your Past be the Worst of Your Future!

#9 OFFLINE   d max82

d max82

Godfather

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:33 AM

80% of the baseball I watched on EI last year was on the game mix channel. It is by far the easiest way to keep up with every game going on around the league.

#10 OFFLINE   dbsdave

dbsdave

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:48 AM

Oh well....what exactly is included in the superfan package besides all the hd games. Good thing we aren't paying extra for it.

#11 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,515 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:53 AM

Thanks -- I haven't been keeping up w/ the forum as closely as usual, and missed that.

But it is as I expected (dropping SZC).

H24-200 -->

#12 OFFLINE   xzi

xzi

Icon

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:02 PM

Oh well....what exactly is included in the superfan package besides all the hd games. Good thing we aren't paying extra for it.

I think it's safe to assume there will be no SuperFan package anymore and HD will just be included if you have HD Access already.

#13 OFFLINE   miketorse

miketorse

Icon

• Registered
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:45 PM

I think it's safe to assume there will be no SuperFan package anymore and HD will just be included if you have HD Access already.

Also confirmed by SatRacer on this forum. Here's the post: http://www.dbstalk.c...8&postcount=114

Edited by miketorse, 05 February 2009 - 12:48 PM.
adding link

Mike

My system:

HR21
HR22 w/ AM21
R15
SWM-8
Slimline5 w/ no LOS to 119 Slimline3

#14 OFFLINE   dhhaines

dhhaines

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:50 PM

The Game Mix channel would only be useful if it was in HD. Never used it since it was in SD and took you to SD channels. I will miss the StrikeZone channel though as when it was on that is what I watched the most
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read a report that said the typical symptoms of stress were eating too much, drinking too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Who are they kidding? That's my idea of a perfect day.

Directv 3/1998-9/2011
now with Verizon FIOS and loving the faster DVR and being able to use both the external & internal drives at the same time

#15 OFFLINE   dbsdave

dbsdave

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:08 PM

The Game Mix channel would only be useful if it was in HD. Never used it since it was in SD and took you to SD channels. I will miss the StrikeZone channel though as when it was on that is what I watched the most

That's not true, at least last season. The game mix channel itself appeared to be sd, but the PIP boxes showed you what channel numbers you would be tuning to if you clicked at that moment, first the hd channel number would appear, then the standard hd channel. Assuming you had superfan I would guess.

#16 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,678 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:56 PM

I want the Game Mix with the MLB EI and I have seen posts of other people who also like it. I sent an email to D* yesterday and today my reply came that my request would be sent to D*'s Management. Perhaps the door is not yet totally shut on the Game Mix? (NOTE: The Strike
Zone is definitely gone). But the Channel that shows the games on one screen and lets you click on the game you want to watch when you want to watch it or you can watch all the available games at one time on this Channel may still be a possibility. I hope all of you that like this Game Mix feature will contact D* and let them know you would still like to have this feature. Since she said my request would go to D*'s Management she made it sound to me that it's D*'s decision to make and that the MLB isn't making it for them. However, I guess if anyone knows how to get in touch with the MLB it wouldn't hurt to let them know you want the Game Mix also. I personally don't know how to contact the MLB myself or I would contact them.

Personally, I rarely watched either the Strike Zone or Mix channels. I much prefer dual HD feeds of the MLB EI games. Now that we have MLB Network HD, this may make up for some of the stuff missing on SZ and Mix.
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#17 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,089 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:34 PM

Always took me to the HD channel if it was on in HD. I used it as a navigation tool.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#18 OFFLINE   rkunces

rkunces

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:07 PM

Personally, I rarely watched either the Strike Zone or Mix channels. I much prefer dual HD feeds of the MLB EI games. Now that we have MLB Network HD, this may make up for some of the stuff missing on SZ and Mix.

In additon to that maybe MLB can finally add ALL the FEEDS of games this year. Still yet to see any ota games on the package. RSN alts don't count either.

#19 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,515 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:13 PM

In additon to that maybe MLB can finally add ALL the FEEDS of games this year. Still yet to see any ota games on the package. RSN alts don't count either.

Would be nice...but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The good thing is that the number of OTA games continues to decrease.

H24-200 -->

#20 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

MLB owns the rights to that particular facet and have already let DirecTV know that it will not be available anymore. I suppose all the live look ins will now be solely with the MLB Channel.

As for the Game Mix, satracer has told us that the TPTB at MLB haven't reached a final verdict as of yet.

Just reading between the lines I think the current impression is that Game Mix will be gone also.

Back to the original point though Strike Zone Channel will not be part of the MLB EI package this year.:(

MLB should force them to give HD with MLB EI (price of it is set by MLB) for free. and force them to pick up WCUI games in HD as well (free for Chicago area even if it is a game only feed / non WCUI feed)

spam firewall