Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

To all the people that want Game Mix with MLB EI

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

What is the TPTB at MLB? So I guess this is a MLB decision after all which was not the impression I got from my email reply from D*.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   jcrandall

jcrandall

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

the powers that be at MLB.

it's all in their hands.

#23 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:12 PM

the powers that be at MLB.

it's all in their hands.

Oh great and I'm sure I know what their answer will be about the Game Mix :(

#24 OFFLINE   xzi

xzi

Icon

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

In additon to that maybe MLB can finally add ALL the FEEDS of games this year. Still yet to see any ota games on the package. RSN alts don't count either.

There were some OTA games last year. San Diego, Atlanta and Kansas City all had OTA games on MLB EI last year towards the end of the season.

#25 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,708 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:49 PM

Every sports package should have a game mix channel, including the NHL and NBA. Or we just need to get PIP on the HR's. :)

#26 OFFLINE   YKW06

YKW06

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

There were some OTA games last year. San Diego, Atlanta and Kansas City all had OTA games on MLB EI last year towards the end of the season.

I wasn't aware that San Diego even had OTA games (aren't they all on COX 4, which was part of the MLB EI package in '08?), and I was under the impression that the only OTA Braves telecasts offered were the Peachtree syndies, games that were either cable or OTA depending on whoever picked them up in a given local market.

#27 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

Your right the Padres are on Cox 4 not OTA.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#28 OFFLINE   davidatl14

davidatl14

Icon

• Registered
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:00 AM

You are also correct in your statements and understanding of the Braves games available from WPCH(Peachtree).

Edited by davidatl14, 06 February 2009 - 12:25 PM.

May The Best of Your Past be the Worst of Your Future!

#29 OFFLINE   d max82

d max82

Godfather

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:15 AM

That's not true, at least last season. The game mix channel itself appeared to be sd, but the PIP boxes showed you what channel numbers you would be tuning to if you clicked at that moment, first the hd channel number would appear, then the standard hd channel. Assuming you had superfan I would guess.

Actually it depended on your reciever. The H23 would take you to the SD channels due to the software. All other HD recievers (XX20 and up) went to the HD channel

spam firewall