Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Local Channels out Chattanooga Market are having audio/freezing glitches on Dish Rec.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   primey

primey

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:02 AM

I have a old Dishnetwork 2700 model receiver and my locals are freezing on me audio wise. I checked my connectors and they are good and my signal strength is like 70-71 on the locals out of the Chattanooga Market. All my other channels work fine and the odd thing is on my dual tuner receiver the locals work fine. Is this possibly the receiver? Thanks for any help..

Primey

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TSR

TSR

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:34 AM

Because of the fact that it is one of the oldest rcvrs, a Legacy model, that could very well be the reason. If a front panel reset doesn't help, a hard reset may help.

If it is all local chans it may be a cabling issue. Try swapping rcvr places, i.e. putting the Leg in place of the Duo. If the problem follows, it's the rcvr and we can send out a new one (RA), if it doesn't follow and the problem sticks in that room, it's the cabling. Those are some of the tshooting steps we use.

I don't see anything listed on the Current Channel Issues list, so you should be fine.

#3 OFFLINE   primey

primey

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:01 PM

I called Dishnet and they said they would resolve the problem in 24 hours, but I followed all procedures they told me and its still freezing on the audio. Thanks for your reply.

#4 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:34 PM

I called Dishnet and they said they would resolve the problem in 24 hours, but I followed all procedures they told me and its still freezing on the audio. Thanks for your reply.

Typically, a CSR's job is to get you off the phone as soon as possible. It reflects in their metrics. It's logged as "problem solved". When you get an answer like that, take it with a grain of salt. Of course, that's only my professional experience talking.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

Protected By... spam firewall...And...