Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Channels disappear from Guide,what to do?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TastyDish

TastyDish

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:53 PM

I have noticed lately that channels listed in my guide disappear and I have to run the signal test in Dish setup, to get them back through the guide update.
I have checked my satellite signals and they are all bang on 129,119,110 all are green and okay with signal strengths in the 90's.
I have a Dish 1000.02 antenna and Dish 942 DVR.
This situation is affecting my scheduled DVR programming,when these channels disappear my scheduled programming does not record and has become unreliable.
Any ideas or suggestions, on what I need to do so that channels remain locked in?

Many thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:13 PM

What channels? Are they channels you actually receive? DVR 942 is somewhat obsolete. There are no HD channels in the system which it can receive.

#3 OFFLINE   TastyDish

TastyDish

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:26 PM

I have the America Everything Package. The channels that disappear very, such as CNBC,CNBC World,Bloomberg and others.When they disappear it is not always the same.One time, I may get CNBC with out CNBC World or vice Versa or may get those two and Bloomberg disappears.This may occur with other channels as well in the 100's.
I am aware that the 942 does not receive HD Channels.I will sign up for them when I get a new DVR.
Do you think a bad LNB,Reciever or maybe play with my Dish alignment?

#4 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

It is usually a software glitch, a soft or hard reset should bring them back.

#5 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

With these symptoms, i'd say software also. Sounds like the receiver's dropping the switch matrix...
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

spam firewall