Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Can a DP34 switch be combined with a DPP44 switch

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   spikor

spikor

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:39 PM

Can a DP 34 Switch be combined with a DPP 44 switch? I know it will pick up 3 orbital positions only on the DP 34 vs 4 Orbital positions on the DPP 44 but IF I eventually switch all of my equipment over to the eastern arc satellites I will only need 3 orbital positions vs 4 orbital positions on the 1000.2 with the 77 wing. IF it can be done I can go up 8 receivers ( but I will probably will not go beyond 5 or 6 ) And when I am successful in getting a 922 w/sling later that will eliminate hookups I can go with the 922 in the living room ( front room) and my Bedroom and the 722 that I have now in bedroom # 2 and #3 and another single receiver in #4 but my nephews will eventually want their own and until I get a 922 and everything switched over to newer equipment I will probably need at least 5 to 6 hookups then I could eventually unhook the DP 34 and just stay with the DPP 44.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:29 PM

Yes, it can. The lines from the dish need to feed the DPP44 switch first, then 3 lines from the DPP44 go to the DP34. Obviously, one of the orbital locations won't be available on the DP34, and you must run a separate line to each tuner that is connected to the DP34. Single lines to feed 2 tuners using a DPP Separator requires a DishProPLUS switch, like the DPP44.

spam firewall